Find your perfect college degree
In this article, we will be covering...
In the last few decades, the field of marketing has been constantly growing and evolving, especially with the development of the latest tools, technologies, and platforms. This popular field is exciting and highly lucrative, with the median annual wage of marketing managers projected at $158,280 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
While many entry-level jobs in marketing do not necessarily require applicants to hold a marketing degree program, having one can still boost one’s credentials and earning potential. For those who want to advance in their career paths and work with industry leaders in higher positions, earning a master’s in marketing is worth considering.
It can provide interested professionals with a solid foundation to help them grow in their future roles as marketing managers, marketing analysts, market research analysts, and more.
A marketing master’s program often covers all facets of marketing, including advertising, promotion, big data, social media, sales, consumer behavior, digital marketing, and content marketing, among others. Some may offer these areas of study as specialized concentrations to allow students the opportunity to tailor their master’s education according to their professional needs and goals.
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Digital Marketing
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Advertising
- Best Online Doctor of Marketing Degrees
There are numerous universities and colleges in the country that offer master’s in marketing programs. Some are even available online. This means that working professionals can still pursue and earn online graduate business programs even with their busy schedules.
Whether students are looking to advance their careers, switch to a new and exciting field, or pursue academic positions, an online master’s in marketing sounds like the ideal degree.
The modern marketing landscape is highly dynamic and ever-evolving. Any messaging that does not cut it is quickly lost in a sea of noise, and in order for students to be effective marketing professionals, they must also choose the programs that best develop crucial skills and mindsets.
We can help you with that choice! Our list of the best graduate schools with the best online master’s in marketing programs was selected based on the following criteria:
- Offered primarily online, with coursework and scheduling that let students better balance their education with any other existing commitments, like their career,
- Provides training on the strategy/creative side of marketing, as well as the various tools and techniques typically employed,
- Contains coursework that prepares students for and aligns with the requirements of most marketing industry certifications,
- Delivered by marketing professionals and terminal Marketing degree holders,
- Offers students various options for financial aid and other means to manage their educational costs,
- Holds the appropriate programmatic and/or institutional credentials.
Read our Methodology page for information.
20 Best Online Master’s in Marketing Programs
Spread out across three campuses, the University of Boston houses more than 36,000 students in 17 schools and colleges. It offers over 300 degree programs, many of which are designed for working adults and available fully online.
- The MS in Global Marketing Management is among the online master’s programs on offer at Bostin University.
- Students in the marketing master’s program can gain a solid foundation in marketing, complemented by state-of-the-art classes in a variety of study areas such as project management, e-commerce, data analysis, and product and service development.
- At the end of the program, students are expected to gain a better understanding of market research, advanced marketing techniques, and decision-making methods to help them advance in the global marketing field.
The online master’s program in marketing offers opportunities for financial aid, allowing students to afford their graduate education. This includes scholarships available for their benefit such as the WSIA Education Foundation Scholarship and the Edgar B. Pitts Scholarship.
Did You Know?
Taking pride in its high-quality distance learning programs, Boston University’s online degrees are designed by the Distance Education office and the faculty members from the university’s schools and colleges. The Distance Education office is composed of instructional designers, media producers, and support staff specializing in online education.
University of Alabama
The University of Alabama has been providing distance education to students for decades. The advances in technology mean that online programs are more accessible and convenient than ever. Currently, the university enrolls more than 38,000 students.
- The Master of Science in Marketing offered by the University of Alabama is a fully online program that helps students enhance their skills in engaging and retaining customers through a blend of traditional marketing strategies and cutting-edge technology.
- The marketing degree program requires the completion of 30 to 33 credit hours, with courses exploring marketing trends and strategies, global sustainability, consumer behavior, and data and digital analytics, among others.
- Students in this program are well-prepared to take on a variety of marketing careers, including marketing managers, digital media specialists, marketing analysts, brand managers, and big data specialists.
Students in this online degree program have the option to take on the generalist marketing track or opt for a specialized education that will allow them to tailor their courses according to their career goals. This includes concentrations in Marketing Analytics and Digital and Social Media.
Did You Know?
The University of Alabama received recognition as a Top Producing Institution for Fulbright U.S. Student Awards for the sixth time in eight years. Six faculty members received awards from Fulbright for educators to teach and research around the Globe.
College of William & Mary
Recognized as the second-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States, the College of William & Mary has more than 300 years of innovation and excellence in its history. Considered among the top business schools in the country, William & Mary’s Raymond A. Mason School of Business has been developing business leaders through world-class education and opportunities for mentorship and experiential learning.
- One of the online programs on offer at William & Mary is the Master’s in Marketing degree that prepares students for the evolving and dynamic field.
- Students are equipped with knowledge and skills in digital marketing tools, technologies, and strategies relevant to various industries.
- The marketing program comprises 33 credits and can be completed in as few as 15 months in a part-time schedule.
- The program’s innovative curriculum cultivates skills integral to modern marketing, including data, innovation, and creativity.
Trained as marketing leaders, students in this graduate program can expect to explore and master three competencies. This includes Analytics & Insights, Marketing Innovation, and Integrated Marketing Communications, effectively providing students with a well-rounded marketing education fit for leaders in the field.
Did You Know?
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business puts emphasis on equipping students with essential business skills and knowledge in its career-defining programs. This is demonstrated by the 26% increase in salaries on average by MBA graduates upon program completion.
Southern New Hampshire University
A private, nonprofit institution, Southern New Hampshire University houses more than 3,000 on-campus students and a staggering 170,000 online students. This makes it one of the fastest-growing universities in the country. It takes pride in providing affordable and accessible education.
- SNHU offers an online Master’s in Marketing program that features a total of 36 credit hours’ worth of relevant and timely course content.
- In this program, students can gain valuable experience that allows them to build on prior marketing knowledge in preparation for the challenges of a growing and evolving marketing field.
- The marketing curriculum trains students to master a variety of competencies, including brand building, audience engagement, marketing campaign planning and analysis, and more.
This online program is aligned with the American Marketing Association’s Professional Certified Marketer Program standards, as outlined in the Digital Marketing Book of Knowledge. With additional requirements, students will be able to pursue a certification to give them a boost in their professional credentials as qualified marketers.
Did You Know?
As an agent of change in higher education, Southern New Hampshire University has developed custom workforce learning solutions and community-based learning for the next generation of learners. In 2013, it received a “First in the World” grant from the Department of Education for its ground-breaking launch of College of America.
University of Colorado
The University of Colorado has been providing accessible distance-learning education since 1966. It remained committed to providing flexible online programs for busy students, growing to offer more than 70 online degrees and certificates. Students can explore a wide range of fully online degrees and certificates in the STEM, social sciences, business, higher education, and criminal justice fields,
- Created for actively working professionals, the MS in Marketing online program at the University of Colorado provides prospective students with a broad foundation and specialized skills to help them stay competitive in the evolving marketing landscape.
- The online classes are taught by the same award-winning marketing faculty as the on-campus counterpart, with most of the classes being recorded so students can learn on their own schedule.
- To earn the program, students will need to complete a total of 30 credit hours, covering topics such as brand identity, social media marketing, marketing strategy, consumer behavior, and market research analytics.
For more personalized learning, students can choose among a number of specializations, allowing them to customize their courses toward their individual career goals. The specializations include Brand Communication in the Digital Era, Marketing Intelligence & Strategy in the 21st Century, and the General Marketing track.
Did You Know?
The University of Colorado has four campuses, including one in Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, and Anschutz Medical Campus. All of these campuses offer convenient online programs designed for working professionals.
University of Cincinnati
Students seeking flexibility in their higher education will find a world-class online experience at the University of Cincinnati, led by nationally recognized faculty. Located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio, the university was a pioneer in online education.
- The University of Cincinnati offers the Master of Science in Marketing online program, designed to give students the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a dynamic and evolving field.
- The comprehensive curriculum is taught by experienced faculty, covering all aspects of marketing such as product development, branding, market research, and digital marketing.
- Students will need to complete a total of 32 credit hours in order to earn the degree program, which can usually be done in one to two years.
In this program, students are required to complete a capstone course where they will integrate all the marketing concepts they have learned into real-world applications. This real-world experience is made possible by the University of Cincinnati’s Marketing Department’s partnerships with local and international businesses and organizations, allowing students to work on real-world projects.
Did You Know?
As a public research university, the University of Cincinnati provides students with a good balance between academic excellence and real-world experience. The U.S. News & World Report named it as “Among the top tier of the Best National Universities.
Liberty University emphasizes the right balance between academic theory and hands-on training. This unique approach to education is evident in the more than 700 programs of study that it offers, from the certificate to the doctoral level. Of these programs, 600 are fully available online.
- The Master’s in Marketing offered by Liberty University is designed for working professionals looking to pair their passion for marketing communications with industry knowledge.
- Students will be able to develop knowledge that can strengthen their skills in critical thinking, leadership, and problem-solving.
- This 36-credit hour program provides students with a strong core curriculum, allowing them to explore courses such as marketing research, brand management, ethical and legal issues in marketing, strategic marketing management, and marketing promotions.
Students who want to gain personalized learning outcomes may want to consider one of the specializations on offer. Their options include advertising, digital marketing, project management, social media management, sports marketing, and public relations.
Did You Know?
Liberty University lives by three As – academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. They constantly adapt to the latest trends and update their courses to reflect industry practices. Students can also be assured of affordable education. In fact, there has been no increase in tuition across all academic levels in the last eight years.
Established in 1929, Rutgers University’s Seth Boyden Business School has been providing quality and innovative business education. It has been consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in the country.
- The MS in Digital Marketing at Rutgers University has been accredited by the AACSB (or Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). It was designed to address the need for a larger talent pool of digital marketing professionals.
- Students who wish to earn this online degree program with a residency option will need to complete a total of 30 credits made up of relevant and current content.
- The program curriculum explores essential topics in digital marketing, including customer behavior, social media marketing, marketing strategies, and so much more.
Apart from the rigorous curriculum taught by experienced industry practitioners and faculty, the program also features an opportunity for students to gain an integrated ability to earn certifications in common marketing platforms widely used today, including Google Analytics and Hootsuite.
Did You Know?
The Gartner Supply Chain Leaders has recognized the Seth Boyden Business School’s Supply Chain Management and Marketing Science program as nationally ranked. The business school was also ranked among the top MBA employers out of 10 Big Schools.
Franklin University has been a place of opportunity for adult learners for more than 115 years. It is recognized for quality higher education, accessibility, and affordability.
- The online Master’s in Marketing and Communication offered by Franklin University trains students to navigate the challenges of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- This program integrates marketing discipline with communications to help students deliver the right marketing message to the right people at the right time.
- Students can expect hands-on assignments, including case studies, where they can apply what they learned from the online courses to a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy.
Accredited by IACBE, the master’s in marketing and communication program explores essential key topics. Students can explore how to leverage web and social insights to optimize marketing activities, drive social media initiatives, and activate user engagement and retention.
Did You Know?
To better serve the communities, Franklin University has partnered with more than 135 community and technical colleges across the country. This is an effort to increase graduation rates and provide professional development opportunities for faculties and staff.
University of Houston
The University of Houston was founded in 1927. As one of the largest public research universities in Texas, this higher-learning institution is home to more than 46,000 students. Many of them are earning their degrees online.
- An online Master of Science in Marketing is offered at the University of Houston where the curriculum goes beyond foundational knowledge to help students build the expertise in modern marketing strategies.
- The program offers a fast-track option to help graduate students earn a marketing degree in as little as 12 months.
- The Bauer College of Business has available scholarships for qualified students, having awarded more than $3 million to 700 students in the university.
Students who wish to tailor their degree to their professional goals may choose from a wide variety of electives in various areas. This includes Digital Marketing, Analytics, and Product Management.
Did You Know?
Encouraging innovation in knowledge and technology, the University of Houston features an innovation ecosystem integral to advancing the innovation economy. It showcases 9 research centers, including UH Energy.
Georgetown University is a private research university in Washington DC. It’s the country’s oldest Catholic higher education institution, having been founded back in 1789. The university currently has a total of around over 19,000 students. Georgetown has a highly selective admissions process and boasts an impressive array of alumni who have gone on to occupy prominent positions in the country and abroad.
- Georgetown University’s Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications program is designed as an intersection of creativity and strategy. The program provides ample training for students to fully harness the full breadth of communications disciplines to create cohesive brand experiences for customers.
- The program contains 33 credit hours and can be enrolled full-time or part-time. Depending on enrollment status, students can complete the program in 2-5 years.
- The coursework is delivered online, and contains a wide range of content types, including online class discussions and case studies, and also includes real-world research and internship components.
- Georgetown uses Canvas as the main learning management system for its online courses. The online program, of course, contains the same academic content as the on-campus version of this degree program.
Students enrolling in this program get to experience the full commitment to educational quality that Georgetown University is known for. This program in particular also doesn’t miss out on the importance of ethics in the profession, as it is part of the set of core courses.
Did You Know?
Georgetown University is known for its education related to government and international relations. On top of having 2 US Presidents in its roster of alumni, Georgetown has produced more diplomats and members of Congress than any other university in the country.
Penn State World Campus
University Park, PA
Pennsylvania State University, or PennState, is a public, state-related, land grant research university, with its main campus straddling the towns of State College and College Township in Pennsylvania. As one of the most important higher education institutions in the state, it has a student population of over 80,000 and includes heads of state, CEOs, and other prominent figures in its roster of alumni.
- Pennsylvania State University offers an online Master’s in Marketing Analytics and Insights program, preparing students to harness technology and analytics tools to effectively generate marketing returns.
- The program contains 30 credit hours, split into required courses (21 credit hours), electives (6 credit hours), and the 3-credit hour capstone experience.
- The program also has an optional Global Immersion Trip, which consists of a week-long trip to an international location in order to gain important cultural insights and international business practice.
- The program is ideal for those who have prior work experience in marketing or business careers, entrepreneurs, or STEM consultants, however, expertise in data science is not considered a requirement for admission.
PennState’s Masters in Marketing Analytics and Insights program features a comprehensive design that covers a wide range of topics in analytics, including marketing analytics, customer analytics, and brand analytics. The program also makes heavy use of experiential learning components and team-based projects to give students valuable hands-on experience and insights.
Did You Know?
Pennsylvania State University is a land-grant university, but it is also a member of the sea-grant, sun-grant, and space-grant research consortia, one of only four universities to have this distinction. PennState is a part of the Public Ivies, a group of public institutions considered equal in stature to the Ivy League.
Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University is a private research university in the city of Baltimore, Maryland. It was founded in 1876 after a gift for its founding by Johns Hopkins, a Quaker philanthropist, as his dying wish. The university continues to be one of the country’s foremost research institutions, and has, over the years, had 39 Nobel laureates walk its hallways as faculty and alumni.
- The MS in Marketing program offered by Johns Hopkins University is designed to build students’ in-depth knowledge and hands-on skills that are crucial to developing and implementing effective targeted marketing strategies.
- The program is offered part-time only, although there is a separate full-time, on-campus option as well. Courses are delivered both in synchronous online and asynchronous formats.
- The program contains 36 credit hours and can be completed in two years. The program curriculum includes business foundations and marketing core courses, as well as 18 credit hours’ worth of electives.
Being a part-time, online program, students are afforded quality education without having to disrupt any existing commitments they may already have massively. The curriculum covers the most up-to-date and relevant skills, and students can participate in co-curricular experiences within Johns Hopkins that augment their Master’s coursework.
Did You Know?
Johns Hopkins is the first university founded in the US that is based on the European research institution model and continues to lead all US Universities in terms of annual expenditure on research and development for over four decades.
University of North Texas Online
The University of North Texas is a public research university based in the city of Denton. Founded in 1890, it was originally a private teacher’s college and was adopted by the state 11 years later. Today the university is one of the most prominent higher education institutions in the state and one of the country’s largest universities, and with its 14 colleges and schools, is an “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institution according to the Carnegie Classifications.
- The MBA in Marketing program offered by the University of North Texas offers two-pronged development support for its students, ideal preparation for managerial positions, and at the same time providing.
- The program consists of 12 courses, with a total of 36 credit hours. The online coursework is delivered asynchronously, with 8-week-long courses.
- The program curriculum includes core courses on Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior, Administrative Strategy, and more.
Compared to other Master’s in Marketing programs which are designed as MS degrees, this is an MBA program, which develops students’ business and managerial skills, while delivering advanced Marketing-related knowledge.
Did You Know?
The University of North Texas also offers a 100% online MBA in Marketing Analytics, which is designed as a good preparation for careers related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics.
Western Governors University
Salt Lake City, UT
Western Governors University (WGU) is a private, not-for-profit university based in the city of Millcreek, Utah, but exclusively offers all its programs via online/distance learning formats. It is relatively young, operating as a private institution, but was established in 1997 by the efforts of 19 US State Governors, hence the name. The university currently has around 150,000 students, and awards all degree levels from less-than-one-year certificates, right up to post-masters certificates.
- WGU offers an Online MS in Marketing that provides students with advanced knowledge and skills, in a convenient online format.
- The program contains a choice of specialization in Digital Marketing and Marketing Analytics.
- The program covers content related to SEO, data analytics, e-commerce, content creation, and more.
- Students also get the opportunity to earn a number of industry-recognized certifications, including Google and HubSpot. The program also aligns with the requirements for the Online Marketing Certified Associate or OMCA industry certification.
Perhaps the standout feature of Western Governors University is its use of a competency-based learning model, which lets students advance provided that they can sufficiently demonstrate mastery of a particular course. WGU also has affordable tuition rates that are charged per six-month term, instead of the typical per-credit-hour model.
Did You Know?
WGU attracts a large number of working professionals who are seeking career advancement and additional skills. As of 2020, the median age of WGU’s student population is 37 years.
University of Texas at Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas, a public research university in the city of Richardson in the greater Dallas area is a young institution founded in 1961. However, it has seen rapid growth and massive success, particularly in the sciences, being associated with four Nobel Prizes, and currently hosting over 50 research institutes. UT Dallas currently has a student population of over 31,000 students.
- The University of Texas at Dallas offers the online MS in Marketing program, designed with career-focused coursework aimed at the thriving business environment of Dallas and the State of Texas, which is expected to see future growth.
- The program contains a total of 36 credit hours. Students get training on in-demand skills, including customer behavior insights, brand management, digital advertising, and more.
- The program has a more expansive on-campus version since some of the program’s courses are not available online. The program can still be completed fully online though, with the right choice of courses to enroll in.
- The Marketing Management track is recommended for students who choose to go the 100% online route with all their courses.
UT Dallas’ MS in Marketing is a STEM-designated degree.
Likewise, this degree program is designed to welcome a wide range of academic backgrounds, as an undergraduate business degree is not required for admission.
Did You Know?
UT Dallas has its roots in the private sector. It was initially founded as a private research arm of Texas Instruments in 1961 and was only added to the University of Texas System in 1969.
Washington State University
Washington State University (WSU) is a public, land-grant, research university primarily based in Pullman, Washington. One of the country’s oldest land-grant universities in the Western United States, WSU was established in 1890.
WSU is also one of the largest universities in the state with a student population of over 28,000 and is classified as an “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institution in the Carnegie Classifications.
- The Online MBA in Marketing offered by Washington State University prepares students with the skills and insight to become marketing experts that help organizations create more value for their customers.
- The program teaches students skills in quantitative and qualitative marketing research, identifying market opportunities and reading consumer trends, developing and marketing new products, and delivering marketing strategies.
- The MBA program also contains an optional International Field Study component, which expands students’ knowledge of various international business practices and standards.
On top of the comprehensive coverage of crucial content, this online MBA program is also designed with efficiency in mind, letting students graduate in less than 2 years. Students not only get to partner up and interact with their fellow students, but they can also make use of WSU’s international strategic partnerships to maximize their education.
Did You Know?
Washington State University’s online MBA program is highly ranked, making the top 10% of Online MBA Programs according to US News and World Report. The program is also accredited by AACSB International.
University of Wisconsin Whitewater
The University of Wisconsin—Whitewater is a public university based in the city of Whitewater and is part of the larger University of Wisconsin system. It was first established back in 1868 as the Whitewater Normal School and has a current student population of over 9000, enrolled in 47 undergraduate and 13 graduate programs.
- The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater offers a Master of Science in Marketing program that prepares students with skills to effectively manage companies’ strategy and data-based decision-making needs.
- The degree is a 30-credit hour program, offered fully online. Courses are self-paced, and taught by nationally-recognized faculty.
- The program develops students’ critical thinking, as well as skills in analysis, strategy development, and making full use of consumer insight and artificial intelligence solutions.
Students at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s online programs get to experience the educational quality of a highly-ranked institution. UW-Whitewater’s online MBA is ranked #27 in the country, #44 for veteran-friendly programs, and is the #1 Online MBA Program in Wisconsin.
Did You Know?
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater also offers a number of Graduate Certificates, including one in Marketing Strategy. Courses are also delivered fully online and asynchronous.
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, CA
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university in the city of Santa Clara, California. It was first established in 1851, making it the oldest existing higher education institution in California.
At present, the university has a student population of over 9,000, and its impressive roster of alumni includes State governors, company founders and CEOs, Pulitzer Prize winners, members of the Cabinet, and other prominent figures.
- Santa Clara University’s online Master’s in Marketing is a well-designed program that expands students’ knowledge and skills in major marketing concepts and tools and shapes them to be socially responsible practitioners and business leaders.
- The program contains 15 courses, adding up to a total of 36 credit hours. With four 10-week quarters, the program can be completed in as little as one year. Students can enroll on either a part- or full-time basis.
- The program includes a single on-campus residency weekend.
- The program’s comprehensive curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including MarTech, Digital marketing strategies, brand management, marketing analytics, and more.
Santa Clara University’s Leavey School of Business offers guaranteed scholarships of $3,000 or more to all applicants who have been affected by the recent wave of tech layoffs. As a Jesuit university, Santa Clara also places emphasis on ethics, especially on the use of digital marketing tools, and in shaping responsible business leaders overall.
Did You Know?
At the heart of the SCU campus is the Mission Santa Clara de Asís, a Spanish mission that was founded in 1777 almost 75 years before the university was established.
Emerson College is a private, not-for-profit college with its main campus in Boston, as well as locations in California and the Netherlands. It was first established and called the Boston Conservatory of Elocution, Oratory, and Dramatic Art in 1880. Today, it continues to specialize in arts and communications education, with a student population of around 5,900.
- Emerson College’s Online MA in Marketing prepares students to be highly skilled, data-driven storytellers, able to deliver effective brand strategies and messaging in today’s digital marketing landscape.
- The program contains 32 credit hours and is 100% web-based and can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- The course content in the program can also be earned as individual graduate certificates in Digital Marketing, Social Media & Digital PR, Marketing Analytics, and Content Strategy.
- The program’s coursework can be divided into the following main thematic areas:
- Brand Storytelling
- Web and Social Analytics
- Customer Behavior and Insights
- Digital Campaign Creation
The program’s courses were developed by industry professionals, and are consciously aligned with the trends, technologies, and tools of today’s modern marketing environment. On top of skills and technology, the program also emphasizes audience empathy, as well as ethical and culturally aware practices.
Did You Know?
In keeping with its liberal arts foundation and its specialty in arts and communications education, Emerson College also owns and operates the Colonial, Cutler Majestic, and Paramount theaters, which are all historic performance venues in Boston.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common admission requirements for online graduate programs in Marketing?
While the admission requirements differ from one educational institution to another, there are some that are often shared across universities and colleges. Generally, interested students who wish to apply for a marketing master’s program will need to hold a Bachelor’s in Marketing or a related field. There are business schools that require students to show academic excellence so they may need to meet a certain GPA.
For competitive universities, test scores for GMAT, GRE, and others may be needed to boost their qualifications. Other requirements include letters of recommendation, personal statements, official transcripts, and resumes, among others.
Are there specialization options for online master’s programs in Marketing?
Marketing is a pretty broad field, offering a wide range of opportunities across various industries. Graduate students who want to have an edge over the competition may want to specialize in a certain area of study. This allows them to tailor their coursework to their professional goals.
Marketing majors can specialize in Advertising, Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Market Research, and Sports Marketing, among others.
How long does it take to complete a Master’s in Marketing online degree?
Usually, a master’s degree requires the completion of 30 to 36 credits. This means full-time students will be able to finish the program in one to two years. Some universities also have generous transfer credit policies, which can significantly cut down the time it takes for students with prior credits to finish an online degree.
- A Master’s in Marketing degree program is designed with two key goals: to develop a student’s skills in communication, storytelling, and marketing strategy, and to train them to be able to harness the various tools and technologies that are standard in today’s modern marketing landscape.
- Master’s in Marketing programs are largely similar in terms of key content areas, but they may be designed as MBAs, Master of Science programs, or dedicated Masters in Marketing degrees.
- Successful students of Master’s in Marketing programs have a knack for creative, out-of-the-box thinking, and a willingness to dive in and learn the many marketing technologies and tools that they will be taking up.