Find your perfect college degree
In this article, we will be covering...
The prominence of information technology in an increasingly digital world created a demand for management information systems professionals across a wide range of industries and business operations. While it is enough to hold a bachelor’s degree to get into an entry-level job in this field, earning an online master’s management information systems degree will enhance one’s credentials and boost their earning potential.
This profession involves the production of innovative business applications for computers. It is the role of Management Information Systems professionals to oversee the design, creation, and implementation of computer information systems.
Graduates of the online Master’s in Management Information Systems program are prepared to take on business roles specializing in computer-based resources, computer system development, business network systems management, and information resource management.
- Best Online Master’s of Computer Applications Graduate Schools
- Best Grad Schools with Online Doctorate in Management Information Systems
- Best Online Master’s of Science in Computer Science Graduate Schools
The online Master’s in Management Information Systems is offered in many universities and colleges in the country. Often a challenging and rigorous degree program, the online master’s degree in management information systems equips prospective students with knowledge and skills integral to managing information that greatly contributes to the success of an organization.
It encompasses areas of study such as data mining, supply chain management, and mass customization. If you are interested in advancing your career in a dynamic and exciting field, then this degree program is an ideal choice.
Quick audio summary:
Management Information Systems is a highly specialized field, drawing on several disparate disciplines, i.e. business, data science, coding, and more. Students must possess a strong willingness to learn these fields and integrate them successfully.
Just as important is the need to choose the schools that can best provide them with the best training they can get in these fields to best prepare them for their future careers in Management Information Systems.
We can help you with that choice! We have put together a list of Graduate Schools with the Best Online Master’s in Management Information Systems, based on the following criteria:
- Offers their management information systems degrees primarily online or in a hybrid format that gives students the flexibility to better balance their coursework with other commitments, like their careers,
- Provides practical, hands-on knowledge of major MIS tools and software, such as SAP, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and more,
- Contains courses that align with and help students prepare for relevant industry certification exams,
- Taught by expert faculty who have extensive relevant industry experience and insights,
- Offered with affordable tuition rates and various options for financial aid and other cost reduction & management measures,
- Holds relevant accreditation credentials.
Visit our Methodology page for more information on our graduate program selection process.
Top Online Master’s in Management Information Systems Programs
University of Arizona
A land-grant university founded in 1885, the University of Arizona offers more than 150 majors and caters to more than 46,000 students. It is home to Eller College of Management, known for equipping students with the skills and experience they need to thrive in a highly competitive field.
- The Master’s in Management Information Systems offered at the University of Arizona provides the benefits of an on-campus program but with the flexibility that an online degree can offer.
- Students may take accelerated eight-week courses at their own pace, which makes the marketing program a suitable choice for busy professionals.
- Python programming experience or knowledge is highly encouraged as some courses require programming.
- Some of the courses in the curriculum include Programming Concepts for Business, Social and Ethical Issues of the Internet, Business Foundations of IT, Information Systems Security in Public and Private Sectors, and Systems Security Management, among others.
Students enrolled in the MS MIS program have the opportunity to apply to the Master of Cybersecurity program within their first year. They can plan out their eight academic semesters to earn both master’s degree programs at the same time.
Did You Know?
The University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management offers the Professional Development Center so students can get insights and information needed to actively work on their career goals in the global marketplace. The center provides students with personalized guidance to help them stand out in a competitive world.
Florida State University
Florida State University’s College of Business has been consistently recognized as among the best in the country. Currently, the school enrolls more than 7,000 students across 16 academic degrees. It also houses eight research centers and institutes. The college has accreditation from the AACSB International Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The online MS in Management Information Systems offered at Florida State University is designed for prospective students who want to boost their management, technical, and analytical skills.
- The cutting-edge curriculum is composed of 11 courses that cover essential topics, including business intelligence, project management, social and organizational issues surrounding information systems, and more.
- Interested students will need to have at least two years of work experience in the field of technology or an undergraduate degree in information technology.
- The online program can be completed in 24 months if students take two online courses each semester.
Undergraduates in FSU who are qualified may start on graduate coursework on MIS by applying for the Combined Bachelor of Science – Management Information Systems and Master of Science – Management Information Systems pathway. This cuts down the time it takes for them to earn both degrees.
Did You Know?
Beyond the quality of learning from its rigorous curriculum, online students in the College of Business also have the chance to gain experience through several opportunities, including corporate trips, competitions, industry-specific career fairs, and so much more.
Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University has always been committed to providing quality education since its establishment in 1890. As part of its commitment, it has made efforts to make higher education more accessible. The university enrolls more than 35,000 students online at one of its five campuses every year.
- Designed to provide solutions to business information systems, data, and security needs, Oklahoma State University’s MS in Management Information Systems online program requires the successful completion of 33 credit hours.
- While a GRE is required for all applicants, exceptions are considered for students with a bachelor’s degree related to MIS from Oklahoma State University.
- Some of the courses covered in the comprehensive curriculum include database management, data warehousing, systems analysis, data science programming, big data, visualization, security information assurance, health analytics, and database management, among others.
The online MS in Management Information Systems is a STEM-designated degree program that requires the completion of 33 credit hours. It is offered under the Spears School of Business as a fully online program that provides students with an alternative way to earn a degree. This means online students have access to high-quality, affordable education regardless of their location and schedule.
Did You Know?
Oklahoma State University is a Carnegie top-tier research university. This distinction is demonstrated by its innovative approach to education, bringing in new technologies, processes, and research to help develop students’ intellect and creativity. 87% of OSU graduates are reportedly employed full-time with an average annual salary of $45,000.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is a four-year, public university in the largest metropolitan area of the state. It is currently made up of 11 academic colleges and schools across a variety of academic areas.
- Offered under the University of Alabama Birmingham’s Collat School of Business, the online Master of Science in Management Information Systems reinforces students’ technical knowledge while equipping them with essential skills in business and leadership.
- The rigorous and innovative curriculum can be completed 100% online, with core classes designed by a dedicated advisory council of IT professionals.
- Students do not need to meet GMAT or GRE requirements. They can also transfer credits from prior coursework.
Online students in the MS in Management Information Systems online degree program can tailor their education according to their career goals and needs. They can choose among the three available concentrations, including Cyber Security Management, IT Management, and Business Analytics.
Did You Know?
As one of the three autonomous institutions within The University of Alabama System, the University of Alabama at Birmingham is the only one with Carnegie’s highest research classification of very high research activity.
University of Maryland
Founded in 1947, the University of Maryland has remained committed to making quality university education accessible to working adults and service members. It offers affordable online programs to help students advance their education and meet their career goals.
- Prospective students interested in integrating information systems to create value in their organization may want to consider earning a master’s in Management with a concentration in Information Systems and services.
- This fully online program teaches them how to procure and utilize computer-based information systems for effective decision-making.
- Online students are required to complete a total of 36 credits, including core courses such as Organizational Theory and Behavior, Statistics for Managerial Decision Making, and Financial Decision Making for Managers.
Since the online master’s in management program prepares learners for leadership positions in the field of information systems, the courses are designed to help them achieve that goal. Some of the program highlights include solving problems with the use of organizational theory, developing business strategies that leverage information technology, and evaluating the impact of outsourcing information technology activities.
Did You Know?
The University of Maryland Global Campus lives up to its name by offering online courses anywhere. It also has more than 175 classroom and service locations worldwide, including military installations. The online courses provide a collaborative learning environment. Online students at UMGC can also enjoy no-cost digital course materials to help them keep their education costs down.
Drexel University is a global leader in experiential education. At present, it caters to more than 22,000 students all over the world, spanning more than 200 degree programs. Among these are 8,367 graduate and professional students.
- The online MS in Information Systems degree offered at Drexel University provides training to systems specialists to use the latest technology and techniques in helping IT professionals transform their digital platforms.
- Students learn to design, develop, and deliver innovative technological solutions to information problems.
- At the end of the program, they are expected to lead and contribute substantially to a team when it comes to developing information technology products and services.
The program features four specialist areas. This includes software and systems development; data, information, and knowledge management; human-centered computing; and cyber-security approaches.
Did You Know?
Established in 1891, Drexel University is home to the nation’s oldest major natural science museum and research education – the Academy of Natural Sciences at Drexel University. It is also considered as Philadelphia’s economic engine for its contribution to the city’s largest employers.
For 25 years, Bellevue University has been offering innovative online learning, delivering a quality digital experience. It has four colleges, including the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business.
- Bellevue University’s Master of Science in Management Information Systems online program equips students with technical and business skills in preparation for senior-level leadership and management roles.
- Students are expected to focus on strategic information systems technologies where they analyze and manage resources to create effective strategies.
- The 36-credit-hour program includes courses such as Managing Information Systems Organizations, Systems Development and Deployment, and Information Security Management, among others.
Students in the MS in Management Information Systems program can choose a concentration that aligns with their career goals. This includes Information Security Management, Information Technology Project Management, Cybersecurity, and Business Analytics.
Did You Know?
Strongly committed to offering quality education, Bellevue University collaborates with industry experts and leading businesses to prepare students for career success. They provide career-relevant programs, future-proof industry knowledge, and job-ready skills.
University of Houston
Since its establishment in 1927, the University of Houston has grown into the largest public research university in Houston and the third largest in Texas. Currently, it houses more than 46,000 students across 276 degree programs.
- The University of Houston’s Master of Science in Management Systems is a fully online, STEM-designated program designed for business professionals looking to grow their information systems-related skillset.
- Students are expected to develop valuable technology leadership and communication skills to gain a strategic advantage in the workplace.
- Requiring the completion of 36 credits, the program’s rigorous curriculum includes core courses such as Transaction Processing Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, Object Oriented Programming, and IT Project Management.
This program is designed to help students prepare for certifications that can enhance their professional credentials, including getting certified in Project Management, Information Systems Auditing, and Business Analytics.
Did You Know?
The University of Houston’s C.T. Bauer College of Business received the largest up-front award to any single college in the university’s history from Ted Bauer. The endowment amounted to $40 million, allowing the college to attract and retain world-class faculty and develop innovative curricula and special programs.
Founded in 1971, Liberty University has grown into an accredited liberal arts institution with 15 colleges and schools. It has enrolled more than 100,000 students with more than 700 program offerings, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Information Systems Technology Management program is available 100% online.
- Students can gain advanced training in developing strategies, providing support and management, and setting long-term goals.
- This multidisciplinary program focuses on combining project management and technological systems and operations.
- Some of the courses in the 36-credit-hours program curriculum include Business Simulation and Modeling, IT Project Management, and Decision Making and Executive Information Systems.
The program is designed to equip students with skills and knowledge on cutting-edge techniques for streamlining data management systems and handling projects that require collaborative work with programmers, network developers, and computer science teams.
Did You Know?
A pioneer in online education, Liberty University offers degrees in a 100% online format. They give students the flexibility to complete their coursework at any time of the day at their own pace. it also offers an affordable tuition rate while providing an advanced, accredited, and excellent education.
Northwestern University, a comprehensive research university, is known for its rigorous yet empathetic academic environment where a robust mix of theory and practice is part of a rich learning experience. It is currently home to more than 14,000 graduate and 8,000 undergraduate students.
- Intended for graduate students who want to take on management positions, the MS in Information Systems program offered by Northwestern University focuses on the development and management of software projects in the workplace.
- Students are expected to build leadership techniques and communication skills integral to the implementation of change management and innovation.
- Those who want to specialize in Information Systems Management will learn all about key information system management best practices, project management methods, and information security and technology management techniques.
The Master of Science in Information Systems program offers eight areas of specialization, including Artificial Intelligence, Digital Transformation, Data Science, Health Informatics, Information Security Systems, Project Management, and Information Systems Management.
Did You Know?
As a leading research university, Northwestern University houses at least 90 school-based centers and more than 50 university research centers. It has received more than $923 million in annual sponsored research awards.
Lamar University is a public university based in Beaumont, Texas. It was established back in 1923, and since 1995, is a member of the Texas State University System. It has a student population of around 16,000 students, enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate degrees offered by its seven colleges.
- Lamar University’s Master of Science in Management Information Systems program develops students’ enterprise system skills.
- The program contains a total of 30 credit hours and may be completed in as short as 12 months.
- The curriculum includes course content that covers concepts in ERP, Supply Chain Management, Data Mining, Information Security, Database Management Systems, Programming for Business, and more.
- Students in the program are prepared to earn the SAP TS410 Certification and are trained in a range of other industry-standard software, including Oracle, Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, and more.
Lamar University’s MS in Management Information Systems program features a hands-on approach-based curriculum that covers the relevant fundamentals in business, data science, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)-related fundamentals. The curriculum also features an ample number of electives that students can choose from to further focus on an area of their choice. Lamar University features affordable tuition rates and follows a pay-by-the-course model.
Did You Know?
Lamar University is also a member of the SAP University Alliance, a program that supports education for the Intelligent Enterprise environment.
Georgia College & State University
Georgia College & State University is a public university in the city of Milledgeville and is a member of the larger University System of Georgia. It is primarily a liberal arts university, initially established back in 1889, and continues to operate on its core mission of being Georgia’s Public Liberal Arts University.
- The online Master of Management Information Systems (MMIS) program offered by Georgia College & State University prepares students to effectively harness corporate information resources, bridging the gap between IT and other functional areas of an organization.
- The program contains a total of 30 credit hours, and courses in the 100% online program are delivered either in an asynchronous/synchronous format.
- The program is designed to develop students’ technology skills (such as SAP & SQL) as well as crucial soft skills in analysis, strategic planning, and project management.
- Given the asynchronous nature of some of the coursework, students can also choose to avail of the weekly Premium Student Support Hour given for each course. This is a unique feature of the program that lets students maximize their interaction with classmates and faculty.
Georgia College has been awarding degrees in Management Information Systems since 1989 and is one of only a handful of graduate-level MIS programs in the state. The program curriculum aligns with the requirements for the CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification examination.
Did You Know?
Aside from the full-blown MMIS degree program, Georgia College & State University also offers MMIS Certificates in IS Data Analytics, IT Auditing, and Web Development, which are also delivered 100% online.
University of Illinois Springfield
University of Illinois Springfield is a public university in the city of Springfield. A public liberal arts college, it was founded back in 1969, and is the most recent addition to the University of Illinois System, becoming part of back in 1995.
- University of Illinois Springfield offers a Master of Science in Management Information Systems, designed to prepare students with the skills to harness technology in driving strategic change for their organizations.
- The program is worth 30 credit hours in total and can be completed in at least 12 months.
- Students are given hands-on experience in a number of industry-standard applications and processes, including Oracle Applications and Database, Microsoft SQL Server, and Python, and be familiarized with the System Development Life Cycle technique, as well as other concepts.
This AACSB-accredited program has an interdisciplinary design that places focus on people, processes, and information systems. It is also taught by expert faculty for both the online and on-campus formats. University of Illinois Springfield follows a pay-by-the-course tuition model with affordable tuition rates, and there are also multiple start dates per year so students can start when it is most convenient for them.
Did You Know?
When it comes to expertise in online/distance education, the University of Illinois Springfield had an early start, as they have been offering some of the best online graduate programs since 1999.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Daytona Beach, FL
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) is a private, not-for-profit university well-known for specializing in programs related to the aviation and aerospace fields, being the largest accredited university to do so. It was initially established in Ohio in 1926, but its main campuses are now in Florida and Arizona, with a worldwide campus also based in Florida.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Master’s in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program prepares students to create competitive advantages for their organizations and businesses by effectively making use of information. This program is available online through ERAU’s Worldwide campus.
- The program consists of 7 required courses and has a choice of two specialization tracks: Information Technology Management, or Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Students who choose to pursue the Business Intelligence and Analytics Specialization can also earn a SAS Joint Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- The program design is anchored on the system-of-systems perspective, and ERAU has existing alliances with SAS, Tableau, and Microsoft, which are some of the industry’s major MIS software tools & systems providers.
ERAU emphasizes the creation of world-class research output as a fundamental feature of the program. Likewise, ERAU satisfies industry needs by aligning the programs’ learning outcomes with standards set by major industry organizations, such as the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
Did You Know?
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers the only Global Security and Intelligence Studies program in the country to date, available at their Prescott, Arizona campus.
University of Colorado Denver
CU Denver is a public research university in the city of Denver, part of the University of Colorado System. CU Denver was initially established in 1912, after merging with the Denver and Gross Medical College. CU Denver currently has over 14,000 students and consistently ranks high in the country for educational quality.
- CU Denver offers an online MS in Information Systems program, designed to blend business strategy and technology to prepare students for various careers in technical or IT management capacities.
- The program has a total of 30 credit hours, and aside from a General Track, students can choose specialization areas in Business Intelligence or Cybersecurity & Information Assurance.
- The program is offered with CU’s affordable tuition rates and financial aid options, and the University of Colorado has its own set of internal scholarships that students can apply to once they are admitted.
This highly-ranked, AACSB-accredited degree program is STEM-certified, which has potential benefits for any international students who choose to apply. Likewise, students are able to access the resources of the CU Denver Business School’s Center for Information Technology Innovation (CITI), which connects students and faculty with industry members and companies.
Did You Know?
The University of Colorado’s CU Online portal/campus unifies the degree programs offered throughout the CU’s four physical campuses. Online students obtain the same degrees as their on-campus classmates and can expect the same quality of education.
Boston University is a private, not-for-profit research university, established back in 1838 by Boston Methodists. The university currently has around 36,000 students enrolled and is one of the largest employers in the city of Boston. Under the Carnegie Classifications, Boston University is placed in the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” classification.
- Boston University offers an Online MS in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS) degree, an immersive program that prepares students for IT leadership positions in a wide range of industries.
- The MS in Computer Information Systems combines technical knowledge and competence in information systems with knowledge of managerial and organizational issues.
- The program consists of 10 courses, for a total of 40 credit hours. The program can be completed within 18-24 months.
- The program has concentration areas in Computer Networks, Data Analytics, Database Management & Business Intelligence, Health Informatics, IT Project Management, Security, and Web Application Development.
Boston University’s MSCIS program is certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), and accredited by the PMI-Project Management Institute and CAHIIM-Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics & Info Management Education.
Did You Know?
Boston University received the Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research citation from the National Security Agency.
University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati, also commonly called UC, is a public research university in Cincinnati, Ohio, dating back to its establishment in 1819. It is a part of the University System of Ohio and has a student population of around over 36,000 enrolled in its fourteen colleges. It belongs to the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” category of the Carnegie Classifications.
- University of Cincinnati’s online MS in Information Systems program integrates core business knowledge with information systems courses to prepare students for data-driven careers.
- The program has a total of 36-44 credit hours and a completion time of less than two years.
- Courses are ideal for working professionals, so they are asynchronous and 100% online.
- The program has an included experiential component, which can either be an internship, independent information systems-related project, or research.
This program offers 8 hours of Basic Business Knowledge (BBK) courses for students who don’t have a business-related bachelor’s degree, making it ideal for a wider range of academic backgrounds. The program is also in the top 15 for MSIS degree programs in the country and has had a 100% employment rate within 3 months for its graduates.
Did You Know?
The University of Cincinnati’s MSIS program is known for its excellence in the following areas: Business Intelligence, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Database Design and Modeling, and Project Management.
University of Texas at Dallas
A public research institute, UT Dallas maintains its main campus in Richardson, one of the inner suburbs of the City of Dallas. It is one of the State’s major educational institutions and is a center of excellence in several fields of science, including Cybersecurity. UT Dallas currently has over 29,000 students enrolled across seven schools, which offer a total of around 146 academic programs.
- The MS in Information Technology and Management degree offered by the University of Texas at Dallas is a high-quality degree that features the most up-to-date training on crucial skills and technologies.
- The online program contains 36 credit hours in total, which students can complete self-paced. The program is also offered on-campus, and in a choice of full- or part-time enrollment.
- The program has a wide range of Specialization areas, which includes Enterprise Systems, Digital Product Management, Cloud Computing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, and more.
UT Dallas’ MS in Information Technology and Management program is one of the best Information Systems programs in the country (Top 15). It is also a STEM-designated degree,
Did You Know?
UT Dallas has a unique history among public universities in the country, having been founded in 1961 by a private company (Texas Instruments) as its private research arm, and only being bequeathed to the state to become part of the University of Texas System in 1969.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
The University of Michigan – Dearborn is a public university in the City of Dearborn. It is a relatively young institution, first opening its doors in 1959 by way of land and capital grants given by the Ford Family to the Regents of the University of Michigan, to address a perceived future shortage of college-educated professionals in the country’s automotive industry. There are currently four colleges at UM—Dearborn, with a student population of over 8,000.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn offers an MS in Information Systems program that is ideal preparation for careers in IT management, application development, and enterprise-level IT development.
- The program contains a total of 30 credit hours, made up of 10 courses. Three of these courses are electives and students can choose from a set of 14 courses in the program.
- The program can be completed on-campus, or in an online hybrid format, with flexible evening and online schedule options.
- The online master’s in management information systems program is ideal for students with a background in IT management, computer science, or information technology, but it also welcomes anyone with an aptitude for information technology regardless of their bachelor’s degree.
This program is a STEM-designated degree, which gives international students the option to participate in their Optional Practical Training (OPT). The program accepts up to 6 transfer credits for applicable previous education, and students with professional work experience and/or other credentials can avail of GMAT/GRE waivers.
Did You Know?
The University of Michigan – Dearborn is a member of the CUMU-Coalition of Urban & Metropolitan Universities in the State, together with the University of Michigan – Flint, Wayne State University, and Oakland University. The coalition serves as a platform for engagement and partnerships related to institutions serving urban and metropolitan settings.
Auburn University is a public, land-grant, research university based in the city of Auburn, Alabama. It is one of the state’s two flagship public universities, and is the state’s second-largest university, with a current student population of around over 31,000. It is
- The online MS in Information Systems program offered by Auburn University is designed to prepare students for IT leadership positions in their current or future organizations.
- The program has 10 courses, and a total of 30 credit hours.
- The program can be completed in two years, without disrupting students’ full-time jobs, although the program can be completed in as little as 18 months on full-time enrollment.
- Students can choose from Concentration Areas in Security, Geospatial Information Systems, and Technical Skills.
With Auburn University’s MSIS Program, prospective students are enrolling in a nationally-ranked program, taught by expert faculty. The program is also designed to be a highly flexible open degree with only 3 required courses, where students work with a faculty advisor to develop an education plan that best fits them.
Did You Know?
While Auburn is a public university, it was initially chartered as a private liberal arts school in 1856, affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal Church, and was called the East Alabama Male College.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Management Information Systems and how does it differ from computer science?
This increasingly growing field involves the study of people, technology, and organizations to help businesses acquire the maximum benefit from investing in personnel, equipment, and business processes. The field puts emphasis on service through technology. With effective management information systems in place, organizations will be able to store, search, analyze, and make the most out of their data and other important information.
While coding is a huge part of MIS, a large portion of the field puts the focus on data analysis, project management, customer service, and leadership. There tends to be an emphasis on the entire system of information, knowledge, delivery, and use. Management information systems focus on using technology to serve the informational requirements of people and organizations
It differs from computer science in terms of content and goals. This means the coursework for management information systems degree programs aims to help students understand business problems like accounting and marketing. Students are expected to learn how to apply technology to meet the needs of a business organization.
Computer Science, on the other hand, tends to feature technical and science courses such as Engineering and Mathematics. The focus is more on technology itself compared to the use of technology for business goals.
How long does it take to earn an online master’s in management information systems degree?
While it generally differs depending on the university or college, an online Master’s in Management Information Systems typically requires the completion of 30 credit hours and can usually be completed in two years or less. However, factors such as part-time or full-time enrollment, transfer credit policies, and accelerated options can affect the program duration.
- A Master’s in Management Information Systems degree program is a synthesis of the fields of business and computer science, while also including key concepts from data science, management, and others.
- It is common for Master’s in Management Information Systems degree programs to lean heavily on providing practical hands-on training and experience for their students, and often integrate preparation for a number of industry-standard certifications.
- Graduates of Management Information Systems Master’s degree programs are expected to go on to take up leadership/management positions in their organizations and fields while possessing a high degree of technical skills in crucial MIS processes and tools.