Find your perfect graduate degree
In this article, we will be covering...
Even when you venture into the academe early on in your life, there will always be room for you to grow and continue learning as an educator. An online Master's in Curriculum and Instruction. This exposes you to learning more about classroom theory and trends, methods for success in handling students, and strategies for integrating technology into the classroom.
Programs for online master's degrees in Curriculum and Instruction are popular with classroom-experienced teachers who wish to further their careers in curriculum development.
In order to prepare for in-demand careers in the field of education, students acquire the skills necessary to set teaching standards as well as conduct educational research, and explore educational resources and programs.
Studying for an online Master's in Curriculum and Instruction degree trains students to make sure that all other strands and offices are supportive of the relevant and effective organizational curriculum across all levels, including Early Childhood Education and elementary education, or elementary and secondary school instruction.
While it's obvious to land jobs in the education sector, other job opportunities can be found in management, training, and human resources departments for organizations and companies.
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Training & Development
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Assessment & Measurement
- Best Grad Schools with Online Doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction
Many of the top colleges and universities in the nation offer an online counterpart for master's in Curriculum and Instruction. Because of this, full-time and part-time online learners can gain access to this higher education, which can allow them to elevate their experiences and qualifications in the education field. If you're passionate about improving and evaluating curriculum and other programs, this online master's degree will fit your bill.
Due to the many options for master's in Curriculum and Instruction programs, we understand how it can be burdensome to find the best program. There are steps to take, such as investigating or assessing the university's online master's program curriculum carefully before finally enrolling.
Fortunately, we can expedite the process by coming up with this rank list. The best online master's degree programs in Curriculum and Instruction offer the following outstanding features:
- Offered online or as a blended graduate program for flexible student learning arrangements,
- Presents the most advanced or current courses in Curriculum & Instruction that students will find useful in real-work settings,
- Produces competent Master's in Curriculum & Instruction graduates with expertise in the field of Curriculum & Instruction, adept in the latest equipment and theories in today's education administration and education programs,
- Prepares graduate students for further studies, particularly doctorate education,
- Features a distinguished group of credentialed instructors known for their contributions to the field of Curriculum and Instruction,
- Provides Curriculum and Instruction master's degree students with a variety of financial assistance options,
- Regionally accredited by colleges and schools commission agencies relevant to the master's-level education.
Visit our Methodology page for details.
5 Best Master's in Curriculum & Instruction
Florida State University
The online students at Florida State University are ideally positioned to raise the bar high for future professors, educators, and researchers. With their master's in Curriculum and instruction offering, they strive to provide the best, most-prepared professionals to the world. As a student in this master's degree, you can grow your soft skills aside from your teaching skills.
- This master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction program consists of courses that test the current ideas, methodologies, technologies, and approaches.
- Online mentors will also be available to assist students in navigating the curriculum. Considering that this curriculum is an advanced one created for practicing teachers, it does not result in teacher certification.
A minimum of 30 graduate credits are needed for the online master's degree, in addition to a portfolio that must be submitted during the program's final summer session. Part-time students can finish their coursework in around two years because they typically take two 3-credit courses per semester. The curriculum consists of seven mandatory 3-credit courses that are offered sequentially.
Did You Know?
The University is a nationally known leader in study-abroad programs and has permanent study centers in London, Florence, Valencia, and Panama. It has more than 50 years of expertise in the field of foreign education. Florida State University has expanded academically in each decade that has come after, and it now has 16 autonomous colleges.
North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University offers this online Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction - New Literacies and Global Learning. This can be taken hybrid, but half of the courses are available online. Teachers will learn how to teach reading, social studies, and English language arts in the context of contemporary education and enhance their capacity for teaching and learning.
- This master's degree is the best fit for experienced educators seeking skills advancement.
- The curriculum focuses on enhancing the teaching of reading, social studies, and English language arts.
- More concentration points can be found online with this program.
- To earn a master's in education, students must enroll in the program as a cohort and complete 30 credit hours of study.
Students who choose the master of science degree must complete a written thesis and six additional hours of credit. Teachers and educators of the English Language and Social Studies who want to further their careers can do so by enrolling in this New Literacies & Global Learning master's degree. The K-12 reading emphasis is the best option for educators who want to specialize in literacy at any grade level.
Did You Know?
In order to qualify to study for this master's degree, you should be a licensed teacher and must submit an 800-word goal statement with three letters of recommendation.
University of Florida
The University of Florida College of Education has been committed to preparing outstanding practitioners and scholars. The master's degree program in education can be completed in two years if two courses are taken per session. There is no limit to how many courses students are allowed to take per session, but they need to consider when courses are made available.
- This Master of Education offering from the University of Florida focuses on Curriculum and Instruction as well as educational technology.
- There is a total of 36 credits required for this online master's in Curriculum and Instruction program, and it usually takes two full years to finish.
- This online degree comes with a series of courses that have been carefully designed to immerse you in the fascinating and rapidly developing world of educational technology.
- You will be trained in designing integrated media environments and using the Internet in K–12 education. You will also learn the different teaching techniques like game simulations to make learning more fun among students.
In order to complete the program, students must complete a 16-week full semester of media experience, which is only offered in the spring. According to their career goals, students can choose from a variety of elective courses.
Did You Know?
Since the establishment of New Literacies and Global Learning in 1954, the college's educator training programs have maintained ongoing accreditation. The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation took over as the new accrediting organization for educator preparation programs in July 2013.
University of Central Florida
The Master of Education program in Curriculum and Instruction is made available at the University of Central Florida. This is created for professionally qualified and experienced educators who wish to increase their knowledge and abilities in the field of leadership.
Online students of this master's program work on their leadership skills as they guide other teachers in the improvement of Curriculum and Instruction across subject areas and grade levels.
- The Curriculum and Instruction program addresses teacher leadership and empowerment in the context of educators' expanded roles and responsibilities in schools.
- Some of the trainings you'll receive include school improvement assessment, professional learning communities, working with schools and communities, and translating research into practice.
- The minimum credit hour requirements for the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program vary by track and must be completed after receiving a bachelor's degree.
All students must complete the 15–18 credits of mandatory core courses. Depending on the program, all students pursuing a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction must complete either a Thesis or a Capstone Research Project.
The Capstone is a course-based action research project that examines the impact of research-based best practices in the classroom through application and analysis. Each track has its additional course requirements.
Did You Know?
You will get a significant amount of experience solving real-world challenges by participating in UCF's public and private partnerships and internships. You will have a well-rounded education for this master's degree online.
University of Virginia
The University of Virginia offers an online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, and it's best fit for those who already hold a bachelor's degree. Educators coming from any country and state can apply for this master's degree program. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can be guaranteed admission to this master's degree.
- Students can select an emphasis area within the program.
- Thirty credits are required upon completion of this program.
- Advisors work together with students to develop a course plan that combines core and area of specialization courses with electives that support career objectives.
To graduate, students must pass a comprehensive test. Full-time students can complete their prerequisites in one year. However, part-time students frequently need two to three years to complete them. A maximum of 6 credit hours may be transferred into the program once the advisor has looked over the course and verified that it fulfills a number of standards.
In order to specialize, advisors assist students in selecting 15 hours of focus coursework from a list of accessible graduate courses.
Did You Know?
The choice of coursework depends on the preceding experiences and academic goals of the student.
Reasons to Get an Online Master's in Curriculum and Instruction
Getting a master's in Curriculum and Instruction is one method that teachers and prospective administrators can use in order to up their game on the playing field. Discover the reasons below as to why getting an online master's in Curriculum and Instruction is a wise decision:
Inexpensive and Effective
For full-time students, the majority of master's programs in curriculum and teaching may be completed in two years or fewer. This degree may be obtained partially online or altogether, so you won't have to give up your employment to complete it. Furthermore, most online master's programs are priced cheaper than traditional master's programs.
Broaden Student Influence
A master's in Curriculum and Instruction can help you reach and influence more kinds of students. You will be placed in a position that can expose you to serve more students. Because of the diverse teaching techniques that you can apply, you can make good student influences in no time.
High Job Demand
Teachers will always have solid places in societies today. But Curriculum and Instruction specialists are also in demand. Lesson planning is only one task performed by professionals in curriculum and teaching. As more schools explore ways to fulfill state and federal performance criteria, new positions for these experts may be generated as they examine and review curriculum and school performance.
Diverse Job Opportunities
A master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction might help you transition into a new position outside of the classroom. There are no limits to what you can do as you explore other job opportunities outside of the four corners of a classroom.
Go Into Corporate and Training
Not just instructors who aspire to take on administration positions should pursue a master's in Curriculum and Instruction. With this degree, you will be certified to work as a corporate trainer facilitator, where you may be able to make more money than you would as a teacher and create and manage corporate training programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction?
Learners can acquire the abilities and information necessary to supervise curricular decision-making with a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction. You will be trained in creating individualized learning protocols, evaluating new textbooks and instructional materials, and creating plans and programs.
You will also gain knowledge on how to instruct teachers in innovative approaches. Students who pursue an online master's in curriculum and teaching have the freedom to juggle their coursework with other commitments, both personal and professional.
How valuable is a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction?
An online master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction may open doors to management positions, higher salaries, and positions as an instructional coordinator. The investment in a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction is worthwhile whether you are a teacher or work in another field. Learning more about teaching ideas, student coordination, and strategies for success in multicultural classrooms can help you improve as an educator.
Professionals in other sectors may also find a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction useful. In fact, this can be valuable when you go into training and management in companies and organizations. Professionals interested in training and implementing instructional programs in educational and non-educational settings may consider these programs. You can be a human resources officer or a training manager with this degree.
What does a Curriculum and Instruction specialist do?
Professionals in the fields of Curriculum and Instruction frequently develop and execute new teaching standards, learning programs, and educational initiatives that can be used in high schools, learning institutions, colleges, and universities. They could also manage training programs for for-profit enterprises or nonprofit organizations or work in social service groups that specialize in adult education.
How do you get admitted for an Online Master's in Curriculum and Instruction Program?
Similar to on-campus programs, an online master's in Curriculum and Instruction has entrance requirements. To pursue a graduate degree, students must hold a bachelor's degree. The other requirements will have to depend on the university or college that you'll be attending. Some of them require you to have a 3.0 GPA.
- Courses in the Master's in Curriculum and Instruction program can help you learn to design curriculum units that serve the needs of different kinds of learners and find out about new developments in the education world.
- Graduate programs in Curriculum and Instruction help prepare teachers to meet those needs better, instilling strong analytical and critical thinking skills in instructors.
- Curriculum and Instruction is a broad graduate category with many different options. Most schools offer a variety of pathways to earn a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction, offering something for everyone. This ensures teachers have access to a greater range of research-backed strategies that prepare them to tackle any challenge in the classroom.