Find your perfect college degree
In this article, we will be covering...
A Master’s in Business Law degree studies legal rules and regulations governing commercial transactions and activities. Students explore courses that encompass various legal aspects of business entities, employment, contracts, competition, intellectual property, etc.
It helps establish the legal framework within which businesses operate and interact with customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
- The Most Affordable Master’s in Law (M.L. or LL.M.) Grad Schools
- The Most Affordable Online Master’s in Law (M.L. or LL. M.) Grad School Programs
- Law Career Guide: Salary and Degree Info
- The Best Online Master of Laws Graduate Schools
- The Best Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) Grad School Programs
The Master’s degree program in Business Law focuses on the legal concepts and rules relevant to the business sector. An Online Master’s in Business Law follows the same curriculum as their on-campus curriculum.
It is intended for prospective students who are currently employed or want the convenience of online learning while continuing their education. With the flexibility of learning remotely through this kind of program, students may balance their academic obligations with their career and personal commitments.
Quick audio summary:
Finding the best online Master’s in Business Law program requires thorough research and evaluation. To help you make the right decision, we made this list of the Best Grad Schools with Online Master in Business Law programs. Each school on the list possesses these exceptional program features:
- Delivered as a 100% web-based or partially online program, giving working professionals and adult students scheduling flexibility and convenience when pursuing a Business Law graduate degree,
- Covers the many facets of Business Law to produce competent graduates and prepare them for career advancement or a doctorate program in the field, should they decide to pursue either,
- Features highly skilled instructors who hold terminal degrees in Business Law, and possess industry-specific knowledge, experience, and skills,
- Facilitated through a leading Learning Management System that features easy access to the Business Law coursework, online libraries and resources,
- May offer online Business Law doctorate students career services, academic advising, and technical help,
- Offers financial aid opportunities,
- Officially accredited by academic agencies and acknowledged within the legal and business communities,
- Maintained a strong reputation in the legal education field, and is top-ranked by reputable organizations.
Visit our Methodology page for details.
5 Best Online Master’s of Business Law Graduate Schools
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Regent University is one of the country’s most well-known private Christian research institutions. It offers numerous undergraduate and graduate programs in various disciplines, including Business and Law. Regent is renowned for prioritizing Christian principles and its dedication to incorporating religion into its academic programs. It has won praise for its law school, making it one of the country’s best for both value and educational quality.
- Regent’s MA in Law offers a concentration in Business designed for professionals who want to gain a fundamental understanding of law as it relates to business.
- The program’s curriculum covers various subjects on business law and legal principles, including Legal Research, Business Organizations, Employment Law, Regulatory Compliance, and Managing People.
- Depending on your area of interest, you can select business law coursework from contracts, property law, and taxation, to labor law and corporate law.
- Full-time law students can earn the degree in two years; part-time students may take longer.
Regent University understands that LSAT results may not be the best predictors of success in the legal profession. So, instead of requiring its applicants to submit high LSAT scores, the MA in Law at Regent is emphasizing other variables, such as undergraduate GPA, professional experience, and personal statements, which have been shown to be better indicators.
Did You Know?
Except for programs with articulation agreements with other schools, Regent allows its students to transfer 25% of the credits necessary for their chosen degree into any online master’s-level distance program. Up to 49% of the required degree can be transferred through articulation agreements.
Loyola University Chicago
One of the largest Catholic universities, Loyola University Chicago was established in 1870 and has long been renowned for its dedication to both academic excellence and social responsibility. For students to become well-rounded individuals who are intellectually capable, ethically aware, and socially responsible, LUC offers a demanding academic environment steeped in the Jesuit tradition.
- Loyola’s Master of Laws in Business Law is open for applicants with a legal degree who want to concentrate on business law.
- It’s one of the fastest online programs, with an average completion time of one year.
- While the program is mostly delivered on-campus, students can still enroll in online courses for added flexibility.
- It offers a thorough curriculum covering various business legal topics, including Business Organizations, Taxation of Business Entities, International Business Law, International Business Transactions, and Contract Drafting and Negotiation.
- Additionally, students can take elective courses to customize their education further to fit their unique interests and professional aspirations.
- To receive the LLM in Business Law degree, students must complete 24 credits, including a thesis paper.
LUC’s LLM in Business Law greatly values the significance of experiential learning. The program allows students to represent clients through the Business Law Clinic and take official classes. Under the guidance of instructors, student clinicians receive practical experience by assisting small business owners, nonprofit organizations, and entrepreneurs.
Did You Know?
LUC offers several study-abroad opportunities to its students regardless of their major. There are campuses for Loyola in Vietnam, Beijing, and Rome. LUC’s study abroad is not expensive compared to other colleges and universities. Financial help is applied immediately to a student’s time abroad, and credits earned there will automatically and hassle-free transfer to their studies back home.
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is a prominent university that is the founding member of the Texas A&M University System, founded in 1876. Modern buildings, research institutes, libraries, and student housing are located on the university’s expansive campus. According to US News & World Report, Texas A&M University School of Law is the 29th best law school in the US.
- For law professionals looking to advance their knowledge of corporate law and regulatory compliance online, Texas A&M University offers a master’s degree program.
- Students explore various business law and compliance courses, such as Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Compliance, White-Collar Crime, Internal Investigations, Human Resources Compliance, Regulatory Compliance, and Government Relations.
- Career-relevant tracks are available in the curriculum, allowing students to match their legal education with prospects in their particular field.
- Students, despite being in one of the largest schools in the country, study in small-sized classes.
- This is a 30-credit hour program that can be completed in one year.
TAMU’s Master’s in Business Law and Compliance offers challenging coursework, hands-on learning opportunities, practical skills, and numerous professional development and networking opportunities to equip students for success on a worldwide scale. Students can modify their degree plans further and concentrate on a particular field of study regardless of their degree track.
Did You Know?
With a student body of 69,000 and campuses covering more than 3 million square feet, TAMU is one of the US’ largest universities. It was an all-male military college, and even today, TAMU is one of six senior military colleges in the US.
University of the Pacific
The University of the Pacific is renowned for its comprehensive business, music, and health professions departments. UOP strongly emphasizes experiential learning and encourages students to participate in community service, research projects, internships, and study abroad opportunities. The university emphasizes individualized instruction and small class sizes that encourage intimate ties between students and professors.
- UOP offers an MS degree in Law that allows students to focus on topics related to Business Law and develop the abilities necessary to negotiate the challenging legal issues that contemporary workplaces face.
- This is a 32-credit hour program designed to be completed partially online.
- Students can take elective courses to complete their electives in Business Organizations, Employment Law, Contract Drafting, State and Federal Taxation, and Survey of Intellectual Property Law.
- As part of the business program, students will participate in various networking opportunities inside and outside the campus. They can personally network with corporate executives and business attorneys to create professional contacts.
- Students will study in a supportive, personalized learning environment.
One of the program’s faculty, Professor Jeff Proske, is a well-known California lawyer with 20 years of expertise in counseling businesses. He’s been advising people ranging from Fortune 500 NYSE-listed organizations to sole proprietorships. His goal in the MSL Business Law Concentration is to equip non-lawyers with the knowledge and understanding of the legal issues that often affect business people and entrepreneurs.
Did You Know?
With its first music conservatory, first chartered university, and the first institution to admit women, Pacific University is a campus of firsts in California. Yes, the University of the Pacific was the state’s first college with male and female students able to study together.
St. Mary’s University
San Antonio, Texas
The oldest Catholic university in the state of Texas and the Southwest region is St. Mary’s University, a private Catholic institution established in 1852. The institution is renowned for its robust business administration, law, engineering, and education programs. The university supports ideals like integrity, social justice, helping others, and global awareness while emphasizing the development of the entire person.
- Non-lawyer students seeking an understanding of the law can enroll in SMU’s Master of Jurisprudence and pursue a Business and Entrepreneurship Law concentration.
- The program offers a 30-credit curriculum designed for students who do not want to practice law but are interested in learning about the American legal system.
- Courses of the MJur in Business and Entrepreneurship Law explore topics that focus on Business Law, Corporate Law, And Commercial Law.
- Required courses for the MJur degree include Fundamentals of the American Legal System, Property or Torts, Property or Torts, and Contracts.
- Before enrolling, you should note that this degree does not account for credits and eligibility to sit for any state bar exam or a JD degree program.
The MJur in Business and Entrepreneurship Law is designed for new small business owners. The program provides training that is also perfect for the upper management of larger, more established organizations or those who have established franchisees and are considering beginning their own business.
Did You Know?
SMU’s School of Law has an Advocacy Program that has been ranked Nationally. This program equips aspiring lawyers with the abilities necessary to succeed in the courtroom. The school has won and showcased the trophies earned over the past 20 years in their Raba Building. The program is proud to have produced national winners while preparing law students for the trials’ rigors.
Master’s in Business Law Careers
A business law degree can lead to various job prospects in the legal and commercial worlds. Following are the most common employment paths for master’s business law graduates:
Business law graduates frequently go on to work as corporate lawyers in law firms or in-house legal departments of corporations, where they can offer legal guidance and help on a variety of business-related issues.
Median Annual Salary: $135,740
Some business law graduates launch their own companies using their legal expertise. They might start legal consulting firms, contract management services, or compliance advice businesses to use their knowledge to help other companies comply with the law.
Median Annual Salary: $70,849
Graduates can work for government entities, including legislative offices, trade commissions, or regulatory authorities. They may engage in legal analysis, policy formulation, or enforcement work, drafting and interpreting laws that have an impact on various business and industry sectors.
Median Annual Salary: $66,000
These experts create and implement policies and procedures to ensure that firms follow statutory obligations and professional norms.
Median Annual Salary: $71,690
Graduates can also work as legal consultants in law firms, advising and assisting businesses on legal issues.
Median Annual Salary: $75,024
Contract managers supervise the development, negotiation, and administration of contracts. They ensure contracts comply with legal standards, reduce risks, and safeguard the company’s interests.
Median Annual Salary: $72,691
Professionals in risk management identify and evaluate potential dangers that firms may encounter and then develop methods to reduce those risks. Graduates with a solid grasp of the legal and regulatory systems can succeed in this area.
Median Annual Salary: $122,577
Business law master’s graduates can also pursue a career as a business analyst, offering perceptions and analysis on judicial and regulatory issues that affect corporate operations.
Median Annual Salary: $79,117
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Master’s in Business Law Online respected as an on-campus program?
A business law master’s degree online program from prestigious and renowned colleges with proper accreditation is highly valued in the workplace.
What are the most common admission requirements for an online Master in Business Law program?
A bachelor’s degree from an officially accredited institution is often required for admission, along with good results on standardized tests, letters of recommendation, purpose statements, and a resume or CV. It may also be advantageous to have prior work experience in the field.
Do online master’s degree programs offer networking and collaboration opportunities?
Yes, online programs frequently offer networking and cooperation opportunities, such as virtual discussion boards, group projects, and online forums and networking functions.
How do online Master’s in Business Law programs work?
Different technologies and platforms are used by online Master’s in Business Law programs to offer course materials and enable interaction. This can include online forums, virtual classrooms, multimedia tools, and video lectures.
Can I work full-time and get a Master’s in Business Law online?
Yes, you can pursue an online master’s degree while working full-time; that’s one of the benefits online programs offer. Thanks to the online approach, you may match your advanced education with your work and personal obligations.
What can I do after earning a Master’s in Business Law?
You can pursue continuing education to broaden your knowledge of the legal system. Several master’s degree graduates apply for a Juris Doctor, Doctor of Juridical Science, and Certificate program.
- An Online Master in Business Law degree program offers flexibility that allows students to work full-time while pursuing advanced studies.
- It offers a curriculum combining legal studies with a concentration on business-related themes, giving students the proper skills and knowledge to deal with challenging legal situations in the business sector.
- Students earn specific legal knowledge that can be used in numerous professional contexts by completing an online Master’s in Business Law.
- Master’s in business law graduates can pursue various careers in several industries, including corporate legal departments, law firms, consulting firms, international organizations, or government agencies.