Many online Master’s of Management degrees focus on educating and developing students’ leadership skills and effective strategic skills. Most of these programs are designed for students with a plan or interest in pursuing managerial positions but who don’t have any extensive work experience in the field.
Pursuing an online master’s in management degree helps students gain the tools, knowledge, and proficiency they need to advance in their current profession or start a new professional pursuit.
Are you ready to move into a management or strategic leadership position? Learning effective leadership skills is mandatory for any position in management. Typically, earning an online Master’s in Management will earn you the recognition you deserve, all while teaching you much-needed skills that are prevalent in the workplace, as well as in your everyday life. An online program makes it convenient. Sharpen your business and management skills today!
Choose the Right Degree for You
Unlike online MBA programs, the online Master’s of Management degree programs primarily focus on every aspect of management, including ethics and strategic leadership, organization, operations management, motivation, and human resource management.
These programs emphasize strategic analysis and argument, problem-solving, experiential learning, and other management-related elements. The business sector has become more and more concentrated, and so have management-related degrees.
MiM programs are great for those who do not have much real-world work experience under their belt just yet. It helps students get their careers started in business management.
MBA programs are geared toward those who have several years of work experience and who are seeking promotion at a senior management level.
Because many students seeking an online graduate program in management are already employed, these programs are specifically aligned to best-fit adult students’ professional and personal commitments.
The 10 Best Online Master’s in Management Grad Schools catalogs the online institutions in the country offering the program. These online graduate programs share the most impressive features that impact the distance learner’s learning experience and shapes them into becoming the most competent professionals in their field:
- Offers 100% online, hybrid or blended Master’s in Management degree program for self-paced, flexible, or convenient attendance; allowing students to expand on advanced management skills and previous business principles already learned,
- Rigorous coursework with core courses and subjects that focus on the most relevant and up-to-date Management principles and applications for professional practice,
- A robust virtual learning platform that offers ease of coursework access and technical support,
- The online Master’s in Management programs may or may not offer transfer credits and accelerated course completion,
- Management experts as faculty personnel or instructors,
- Financial assistance for qualified students,
- High job placement rates for graduates of an online Master’s in Management degree program,
- Good reputation among the graduate circle and professional Management industry,
- Regional or national accreditation, as may be required.
To learn more, see our Methodology page.
Best Online Master’s in Management Graduate Schools
Together, we explore the nature of an online Master’s in Management degree program and the ten best graduate schools offering such programs. We also highlight the common career pathways in store for every management graduate.
Texas A&M University-Commerce
: 2200 Campbell Street, Commerce, TX 75428
: 888 868 2682
As the third-largest member of the Texas A&M University System, the Texas A&M University-Commerce was established in 1889 and has proudly maintained its 130-year legacy of excellence. A&M-Commerce has over 100 superior undergraduate and graduate programs across six university colleges, from engineering to accounting.
The US News & World Report has recognized numerous programs at the Texas A&M University-Commerce among the best programs in the US.
- TAMUC’s online Master’s of Science in Management degree program is taught by faculty members at the AACSB-accredited College of Business.
- Both business and non-business undergraduate majors are welcome to enroll in the program.
- For non-business undergrads will initially complete specific prerequisites, including a course in Business Concepts and Tools.
- Students can integrate a certificate program in Tax Accounting, Operational Excellence, Economics of US Healthcare, Business Analytics, or Auditing and Forensic Accounting with no prerequisite courses needed.
- The 30-credit graduate program in management can be completed in two years or less.
Standout Features of the Texas A&M University-Commerce’s Online Master of Science in Management Degree Program:
The online MS in Management is one of the AACSB-accredited College of Business at Texas A&M University-Commerce. It is one of the only 800 schools to receive accreditation from the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The College of Business at TAMUC provides mentorship for students seeking employment or internships through the in-house Career Services Center.
With strong industry connections, both students and faculty at the university are connected with the business sector through professional networking, company tours, and guest speakers.
With a holistic, hands-on agricultural program, Texas A&M University-Commerce offers one of the country’s only agricultural colleges where learners experiment with sustainable growing ways to produce their corn crops, cotton, and wheat on a 1,300-acre farm. In the field of education, the university is a leading producer of Texas educators.
Over 345 fully certified teachers graduated in 2020. Approximately 93% of A&M-Commerce graduates pass the teacher certification examination, and 85% are still in the profession after five years.
National American University
: 5301 Mt. Rushmore Road, Rapid City, SD 57701
: 800 209 0182
For eight decades, the National American University has had a rich tradition of providing high-quality education at the graduate and undergraduate levels. It is one of the pioneers in South Dakota in the development of distance learning.
Today, NAU offers a variety of online doctoral, master’s, associate’s, and bachelor’s degree programs, as well as diploma and certificate programs throughout the university’s College of Legal Studies, Harold D. Buckingham Graduate School, Henley-Putnam School of Strategic Security, and College of Undergraduate Studies.
- NAU’s online Master’s in Management degree program is suitable for busy professionals pursuing a faster path to professional advancement.
- The 100% online program requires 45 credit hours for completion, consisting of 31.5-hour credit hour core courses and 13.5-credit hour electives.
- Students can pursue either the thesis or non-thesis option, with both options requiring a comprehensive assessment through the Strategy and Policy course.
- The specializations offered in the graduate program in Management include Strategic Security Management, Project and Process Management, Operations and Configuration Management, Information Technology Management, Human Resource Management, Higher Education Teaching and Learning, Higher Education Administration, Healthcare Administration, E-Marketing, Criminal Justice Management, Advanced Security Management, and Advanced Incident and Consequence Management.
- Upon completion of the graduate program, students build a professional digital portfolio highlighting their expertise and proficiencies.
Standout Features of the National American University’s Online Master’s in Management Degree Program:
Unlike most programs with either a Master of Arts or Master of Science designation, NAU’s online Master of Management program is the only program of its kind in the country. It is also one of the very rare management graduate programs offering more than ten areas of specialization.
As part of NAU’s new program offerings, the online Master of Management program offers students an option to earn a graduate program in an accelerated format.
The National American University consistently adds new academic programs and finds new ways to boost student experience. The Master’s in Management and Master of Business Administration programs have all-new accelerated versions.
NAU has also re-introduced the associate and bachelor’s degrees in Professional Legal Studies and Paralegal Studies. The university is one of the first to be approved by the American Bar Association to offer such programs through distance learning.
Stevens Institute of Technology
: 1 Castle Point Terrace, Hoboken, NJ 07030
: 201 216 5000
Stevens Institute of Technology is a New Jersey-based institution named after the prominent family considered “America’s First Family of Investors.” The family has revolutionized American engineering, introducing designing and developing railroad tracks, locomotives, and steamboats.
What started as a small 4-year undergraduate College of Engineering is now a global technical school with finance, management, maritime engineering, and defense expertise. In 1982, the Stevens Institute of Technology was considered the first major American academic institution to require learners to buy and utilize personal computers in the classroom.
- Stevens Institute of Technology’s online Master of Science in Management program is offered through its AACSB-accredited School of Business.
- To graduate, students should obtain 30 coursework credit hours and complete a capstone project.
- The 30-credit-hour program consists of eight core business and leadership courses, two free electives, and the Industry Capstone Program.
- Admission requirements include official transcripts, professional resume, personal interview, GMAT/GRE scores, and two letters of recommendation.
- While Stevens offers the standard Industry Capstone Programs, students can pursue a customized capstone experience by substituting the program with an approved experiential course.
Standout Features of Stevens Institute of Technology’s Online Master’s of Science in Management Program:
Stevens Institute of Technology is acknowledged as the top online Master’s in Management degree program in New Jersey and the Top 50 by TFE Times. In 2020, 100% of the online Master of Science in Management graduates had accepted their job offers three months after graduation.
The MSC provides maritime security-centric academic programs tailored to professional and college-level development audiences. As part of Stevens Institute of Technology’s Centers of Excellence, the university has partnerships with federal agencies in the country, including the Systems Engineering Research Center and the Maritime Security Center.
Led by the Stevens Institute of Technology, the MSC has six other partnerships with prestigious universities in the country.
Southeast Missouri State University
: One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
: 573 651 2000
Southeast Missouri State University has more than 170 degree programs, offering 145+ undergraduate majors, 100 minors, and over 75 graduate programs. It is a comprehensive university with several national and international academic accreditations across SEMO’s five colleges. With a 9:1 student-to-faculty ratio, the university has an ideal size to take advantage of extracurricular and critical learning opportunities.
Experiential learning and internships are available 100% across different programs. Study-abroad programs range from academic year to two-week study in a diverse range of countries.
- SEMO’s online MS – Management programs require 30 credits for degree completion.
- The program is ideal for students without an undergraduate business degree but currently working with managerial roles or responsibilities.
- For non-business undergraduate majors will complete two prerequisite courses in Principles of Management and Graduate Business Statistics Essentials | Introductory Behavioral Statistics or Business Statistics | Introduction to Behavioral Statistics.
- Matriculation requirements include a minimum GPA of 2.75, full-time professional experience of at least three years, resume/CV, letter of intent, and official GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT scores.
- Students with relevant work experience can request a waiver with official test scores in the admission requirements.
Standout Features of Southeast Missouri State University’s MS – Management Online Program:
The set of courses integrated into Southeast Missouri State University’s online Master of Science in Management program has undergone a comprehensive review from Quality Matters. The program is offered through the university’s AACSB-accredited Harrison College of Business.
SEMO also receives accreditation from the Network of International Business Schools, recognizing the university with in-depth internalization of all aspects of its business programs. Only four universities in the country have garnered this recognition.
Southeast Missouri State University receives several distinctions from various publications and organizations.
The US News & World Report recognizes SEMO as the #1 university for online bachelor’s degree programs. While it derives its regional accreditation status from the Higher Learning Commission, SEMO has several accreditations from different accrediting organizations, including the Council for Exceptional Children, the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
: Troy, AL 36082
: 334 670 3000
Troy University has partnerships with professional associations, municipalities, school districts, health systems, and businesses for career advancement and academic enhancements. The university offers diverse benefits to its community and corporate partners, including application fee waivers, networking opportunities, tuition scholarships, and collaborative research initiatives.
- Troy University’s online Master of Science in Management programs are a non-research-oriented program offered by the Sorrell College of Business.
- Depending on the student’s schedule and commitment, the online MSM program can be completed within one year or five terms.
- To enroll, an undergraduate business degree is not mandatory.
- The program features ten courses only, allowing students to fast-track their way to earn a graduate degree in management.
- The MSM program offers three concentrations to choose from Talent Development and Training, Project Management, and Leadership.
Standout Features of Troy University’s Online Master of Science in Management Program:
Troy University’s online Master of Science in Management programs have received programmatic accreditation from the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
It is a holistic graduate program that provides students with the know-how and tools to succeed, helping them apply models and concepts from each course in their professional ventures.
Troy University’s online degree programs have garnered recognition from different school listing journals and organizations, including Intelligent.com and the US News & World Report. The A.M.
Best Company recognized the university’s Risk Management and Insurance Program as one of the best 20 RMI programs in the US. In Intelligent.com’s Best Online Master’s in Adult Education Degree Programs publication, Troy University ranked in the 9th spot.
: 5700 College Road, Lisle, IL 60532
: 866 295 3104
Benedictine University has a rich history of innovation. The university is one of the first leading institutions to introduce distance learning and pioneering schools to adopt learning management platforms. In 1887, Benedictine University was founded.
With 132 years of academic excellence, the university has educated 32,000 active alumni. With the 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio, 90.9% of graduates are 100% satisfied with their overall learning experience as distance learners at Benedictine.
- Benedictine University’s online Master of Science in Management and Organizational Behavior can be completed within 24 months.
- Thirty credits should be completed for the degree completion of the program.
- Students can choose their preferred learning delivery, including accelerated, online, or hybrid.
- To enroll, no GRE/GMAT is required.
- Students with professional experience can waive a maximum of four courses upon enrollment.
Standout Features of Benedictine University’s Online Master’s of Science in Management and Organizational Behavior Program:
The online MS – Management and Organizational Behavior program at Benedictine University is one of the first programs. It is a holistic program combining management concepts with organizational behavior elements. Earning this degree will prepare students to impact the human side of every organization positively.
Benedictine University offers different learning methods for students who want to earn this degree, allowing them to complete the program in a traditional online, hybrid, or accelerated learning format. Students completing this program can qualify for tuition reduction at Benedictine.
Benedictine University is one of the reputable universities in Illinois, with consistent rankings and awards from different prestigious organizations. Benedictine University has been one of America’s Top Colleges for eight consecutive years by Forbes.
The US News & World Report often recognizes Benedictine University as one of the country’s best colleges and universities, offering a diverse range of degree programs.
Indiana Wesleyan University
: 4201 S. Washington St. Marion, IN 46953
: 866 468 6498
Indiana Wesleyan University’s adult education program has received national recognition due to its innovative and dynamic learning experience. Approximately 8,000+ distance learners attend online classes at education facilities in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
IWU-National & Global offers more than 100 degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Indiana Wesleyan University was established in 1920 as Marion College. Today, IWU is a comprehensive Christian university of The Wesleyan Church.
- IWU’s online Master of Science in Management programs are offered through the DeVoe School of Business.
- The program features two specializations that students can choose from Information Technology Management and Policy and Organizational Change.
- To earn the degree, students should finish at least 30 credit hours of coursework completion and have a minimum grade of C for every course.
- IWU offers financial aid for students pursuing the online Master’s in Management degree program.
Standout Features of the Indiana Wesleyan University’s Online Master of Science in Management Program:
The online MS in Management program at Indiana Wesleyan University derives its programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. IWU has one of the easiest admission requirements, requiring students to submit their official transcripts only. With a less than $500 per credit hour tuition rate, IWU offers students an affordable graduate program in management.
Indiana Wesleyan University is the biggest member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. It is also one of Grant County’s largest employers. The main value that IWU promotes is Christlikeness.
: 320 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, DE 19720
: 877 967 5464
Headquartered in Delaware, Wilmington University is a private, open-access, non-profit university dedicated to serving both traditional and non-traditional students seeking new academic ventures and career advancement. It offers a diverse range of in-person and online certificate and degree programs, preparing students for the global market.
The university invests in productive corporate partnerships, meaningful internship programs, and user-friendly transfer processes.
- WilmU’s online Master of Science in Management program has a content-rich curriculum that aligns with students’ goals.
- Students can choose one out of 11 specific areas of concentration offered by WilmU, including Business Communication, Health Care Administration, Homeland Security, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Military Leadership, Nonprofit Management, Organizational Leadership, Public Administration, and Sport Management.
- WilmU’s open admission policy doesn’t require GMAT or SAT scores for enrollment.
- Classes will begin every eight weeks, allowing students to start anytime they want to.
- The 36-credit online MSM program can be completed in as little as 12 months.
Standout Features of Wilmington University’s Online Master of Science in Management Program:
Wilmington University’s online Master of Science in Management students can enjoy an Olympic experience at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center. They will work on a certain project for the US Olympic Committee during their 5-day stay. The project will be credited as part of the Simulation Project or Thesis course.
The online MSM program is offered through WilmU’s College of Business which receives programmatic accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education. The MSM program’s Human Resource Management concentration is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) standards and set of criteria.
As the #1 most affordable private, non-profit university in the state, Wilmington University’s student community receives low, in-state tuition rates. Approximately 54% of graduates at WilmU have completed their degrees without utilizing any form of financial aid. With a generous transfer policy, students can transfer a maximum of 90 credits to save more on tuition expenses.
Thomas Edison State University
: 111 W. State St., Trenton, NJ 08608
: 609 777 5680
Thomas Edison State University, a senior public university in New Jersey, is also one of the nation’s oldest institutions of higher learning built specifically for working adults. TESU has a diverse range of certificate, undergraduate, and graduate programs in 100+ areas of study. The university receives its regional accreditation status from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- TESU’s MS in Management program can be completed 100% online.
- The program consists of three major requirements, including 18-credit core courses, 12-credit electives, and 6-credit core advanced level courses.
- Students specialize in three areas of study, namely Project Management, Organizational Leadership, and Accounting.
- Students can transfer up to 12 credits or apply for credits approved by the American Council on Education.
- This program is suitable for seasoned managers who already have work experience managing complex, dynamic organizations functioning in a global marketplace.
Standout Features of Thomas Edison State University – Online MS in Management Program:
The online MS in Management program at TESU is offered through the School of Business and Management that the Accreditation Council has accredited Business Schools and Programs. It strongly emphasizes organizational leadership and offers flexibility to working adults to control their learning schedules.
Thomas Edison State University is an NC-SARA-approved institution, an agreement among member territories, districts, and states that build comparable national standards for interstate offering post-secondary online learning programs. The New Jersey State Library is an affiliate of the Thomas Edison State University.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
: 1 Aerospace Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
: 386 226 6100
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers a first-rate education to distance learners, classroom students, veterans, active service members, working adults, and high school graduates. Both the Worldwide Campus and Embry-Riddle online feature state-of-the-art online technology, providing students with the flexibility of learning anytime, anywhere.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has a 36-credit online Master of Science in Management program accredited by the ACBSP.
- The program comprises three major sections, namely 9-credit HRO courses, 15-credit business core courses, and 12-credit certification.
- Students can integrate one certificate option into their graduate program, including Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, International Business, Information Technology Management, Information Systems Security, Human Resources, Corporate Finance, or Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- The Society for Human Resources Management has acknowledged the Human Resources certificate as fully aligned with the SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- Although an undergraduate degree in business is optional, prerequisite knowledge in business statistics, management, marketing, economics, finance, and accounting is required. Students must accomplish a short MSM Preflight Orientation Course before taking the MSM core program.
Standout Features of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Online MS in Management Program:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s online MS in Management program has a curriculum aligned with stringent industry standards, with the programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools Programs.
Developed with industry partnerships, the program is distinctly structured to provide a High-Reliability Organization (HRO) foundation focused on operating and managing risks of high reliability in industries like healthcare, business, and aviation. Students will work with the Federal Aviation Administration and other prestigious organizations, ensuring that they receive strong fundamentals with real-world experience.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is one of the world’s leading aerospace universities that offers business degrees, ranging from finance and management to its all-new programs in business analytics and data science. Some faculty members at the university have wide-ranging experience, from authoring textbooks to working as consultants at airlines.
Careers Available with an Online Master’s Degree in Management
As of 2021, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected a 9% employment growth for management occupations between 2020 to 2030, resulting in approximately 906,000+ new career openings within the decade.
According to the same organization, management occupations’ average yearly wage was $109,760. It was considered the highest wage of all the occupations in the country.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer and Information Systems Managers focus on an organization’s overall network and technological functions, ensuring they are working properly and securely. They oversee the troubleshooting and installation of technological systems, assess the expenses of new projects, recommend software or system upgrades to speed up processes, and evaluate an organization’s needs.
Graduates with an online Master of Management degree may be qualified to become IT security managers, CIOs, and IT directors.
Financial Managers assess the financial health of many businesses and individuals. They evaluate market trends, generate financial forecasts, and prepare financial statements. Financial managers also manage accounting teams or departments in an organization. Finance professions include chief financial officer, risk manager, credit manager, and financial analyst.
Medical and Health Services Manager
Medical and Health Services Managers plan, manage and coordinate the business processes of every healthcare organization. These managers work in various settings, including government sectors, residential and nursing facilities, clinics, and hospitals. Public health manager, clinical director, and healthcare administrator are some of the well-known job titles in healthcare management.
Industrial Production Manager
Industrial Production Managers include logistics professionals evaluating how to deliver services and products to consumers. They coordinate transportation, manufacturing, and sourcing. Other common professions include distribution manager, storage/warehouse manager, and transportation manager.
Responsibilities range from managing personnel and reviewing supply chains, to implementing production guidelines.
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers focus on driving consumer interest in services and products of the business and organization. Primary responsibilities include managing a marketing department/team, driving market research studies, negotiating contracts, and developing effective sales and marketing campaigns.
Courses Included in the Online Master’s in Management Program
The curriculum of an online Master’s in Management degree program offers a holistic overview of different key components, including management, human resources, marketing, economics, and finance. Students pursuing their preferred specialization will take additional coursework focusing on the specific area of concentration.
While every graduate/business school has its unique curriculum, here are some of the common courses in the said program:
Foundations of Management
Students learn management foundations through topics related to organizational behavior, decision-making, finance, and marketing. The course also highlights an introduction to effective management and how to develop strategies and techniques across diverse settings and industries. The course’s primary objective is to strengthen students’ skills, abilities, and knowledge to manage teams effectively.
Leading Change emphasizes more on concepts that initiate organizational changes. Major topics include transformational strategic leadership, levels of organizational change, organizational theories, and management theories.
Some courses will challenge learners to develop a plan to drive organizational change for a pseudo company. The experience offers students the opportunity to overview how theories can be applied in practical situations.
Management Communication courses teach students how to examine target audiences effectively and create messaging that appeals to those audiences. The coursework will teach students to work, write, speak with individuals, and communicate across different cultures.
Some courses may include an additional overview of marketing or sales techniques to train students to develop effective communication strategies.
Management of Resources
Students discover the process of aligning resources with a company’s objectives. They develop a comprehensive understanding of how decisions affect an organization’s personnel and finances. The set of coursework discusses topics related to incentives and benefits, resource allocation, and budgeting. The course also includes an outline of cost-benefit analysis.
Management Research Methodologies
Management Research Methodologies provide students with the tools and skills they require to collect and analyze data. The course emphasizes traditional quantitative and qualitative research practices managers utilize to develop strategic business decisions.
Some courses may focus on specific research tools, including surveys or focus groups, and their role in every organization’s strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements of the Online Master’s of Management program?
The program requirements of the online Master of Management degree vary by graduate or business school. However, full-time students can earn their degree within 24 months on average. Many online graduate programs in management utilize an asynchronous learning format, providing distance learners with increased flexibility.
With asynchronous learning, they can watch lectures and accomplish their course works and projects any time of the day. Some programs have synchronous online formats, requiring class meetings and virtual discussions at a specific schedule. A few schools feature hybrid learning for interested students, combining online learning with several in-person meetings to break the monotony.
Some online Master’s in Management degree programs may offer specialization options in construction management, finance, human resources, project management, and healthcare. Choosing a specialized area allows students to align their management program with their career objectives and interests. Students may also experience industry-specific training.
As part of the online Master’s in Management degree requirements, some online graduate schools include a thesis or capstone requirement. Students will complete a business project either as part of a group or individually. Final projects will require students to utilize course concepts to address complex management and business challenges.
While some programs use simulations in culminating projects, others will immerse students in real-world industries.
What are some of the important programmatic accreditations I should look into when pursuing an online Master of Management program?
In the online Master’s in Management program, many employers will consider where you have earned your degree. The crucial factor of every reputable management or business-related degree is programmatic accreditation.
Graduate schools with accreditation from the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business AACSB demonstrate to employers that their business or management-related programs are genuine and high-quality. An AACSB accreditation is considered the Gold Standard for programmatic accreditation among graduate schools with business programs and business schools.
Business schools with AACSB accreditation have strong partnerships with many industries, providing internship and career opportunities to fresh graduates. One of the important aspects of AACSB accreditation is faculty research.
Students pursuing their graduate program at an AACSB-accredited institution are guaranteed to have up-to-date and relevant training from their chosen graduate school.
The second well-known programmatic accreditation for business-related programs is the Accreditation Council For Business Schools and Programs or ACBSP. Although the ACBSP and AACSB are almost identical accreditations, the former fits smaller colleges instead of prestigious public and private research universities.
The ACBSP accreditation was developed since the AACSB accreditation has more rigorous standards, emphasizing research and leaving smaller colleges out of the loop. Whether a school is considered a research institution or not, the Accreditation Council For Business Schools and Programs depends on the quality and integrity of the institution.
Lastly, the International Accreditation Council For Business Education or IACBE is another programmatic accreditation for the online Master’s in Management and other business-related programs. According to IACBE, the accreditation is outcomes-based and mission-driven.
Although it is available for all academic levels, the IACBE accreditation is exclusive to business-related programs.
What is the difference between an online Master of Management program vs. an online MBA program?
Management programs are a dime a dozen, but not all online graduate business programs are created equally. Online MBA degrees are more popular and have a long-standing reputation among many companies and employers. However, most MBA programs are available only for students with professional experience or a business-related undergraduate degree.
On the contrary, online Master’s in Management degree programs are for students with a business- or non-business-related degree and recent graduates with minimal work experience.
These degrees are crucial for those who want to advance in their careers or pursue career shifts. Although both programs are reputable programs, students must consider their academic and professional aspirations and work credentials before coming up with a decision.
- It’s important to find useful online graduate business programs that fit your needs. While there are subtle differences in the degree you choose, both the MiM and MBA degrees provide opportunities for a wide range of career options and lucrative salaries. The online Master’s of Management program will allow you to expand on the business principles you already have acquired.
- An online Master’s in Management degree program includes various coursework including learning about the foundations of management and strategic leadership, communication, research methodologies, human resources, and much more.
- Online distance learning programs are common; however, some on-campus attendance may be required to complete capstone projects or your thesis.
- Are you interested in a specialization? No problem. Concentrations can be found in the fields of healthcare, finance, construction management, and more!
- Online graduate business programs are a great way for students to learn management skills while still maintaining full-time employment.
- Want to learn lifelong skills? You will learn critical thinking, strategic decision making, business functions, organizational, financial decision making, and conflict management skills.
- What do you want to do with your degree? Consider positions in operations management, project management, supply chain management, global business management, financial management, organizational management, emergency management, performance management, and much more!
- If you’ve earned your bachelor’s degree previously, the next step in career advancement for you should be to earn your online Master’s in Management degree. Get started today!