Find your perfect college degree
In this article, we will be covering...
Online schooling has become commonplace. About 60% of postsecondary degree seekers in the United States took at least one online course. Some 30% of them studied exclusively online. Learners who don’t have the time and money to commute to physical schools can now easily acquire diplomas through online learning.
If you’re an educator who wants to explore this booming field, enrolling in an online Master’s in Online Teaching is a sound decision. Online Teaching master’s degrees qualify graduates to teach in postsecondary institutions like colleges, universities, online academies, middle schools, and high schools. Graduates also find jobs in the online training field in corporate settings.
- Best Online Master’s of Science in Teaching Graduate Schools
- Best Online Master’s of Arts in Teaching Graduate Schools
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Higher Education
In both the public and private sectors, graduates of an online Master’s in Online Teaching degree are qualified to teach at various levels. There is an option to concentrate on specific studies like middle or high school education.
The majority of programs also provide or demand fieldwork or internships. Furthermore, it is critical to establish that opportunities are available close by if a physical component is present.
An online Master’s in Online Teaching is now widely available, thanks to the accredited universities and colleges offering them. However, it is important to examine your options carefully—a daunting task we did just for you!
To help you with your graduate program selection process, we picked five of the best online Master’s in Online Teaching degrees! Each program stands out with the following academic features:
- Features an online or blended Master’s in Online Teaching coursework,
- Delivers Online Teaching master’s degree courses that emphasize cutting-edge instructional tools and innovative teaching techniques,
- Prepares students for a doctorate in Online Teaching or advancement in the field,
- Connects students with a wide network of Online Teaching professionals,
- Taught by seasoned online teaching professionals with a strong track record in this discipline,
- Offers scholarships, grants, and student loans to eligible graduate students,
- Provides assistance in transfer credits, academic advising, enrollment and registrations, and student support,
- Accredited by Department of Education-recognized academic agencies that establish the standards for Online Teaching master’s programs.
Visit our Methodology section for more information.
5 Best Master’s of Online Teaching
American University School of Education
American University’s School of Education is known for employing world-class special educators who are authorities in Education Policy formulation, among other expertise, for the school’s online Master of Arts in Teaching.
- In this master’s degree online, you will study mastery-based assessment methods, fair grading practices for students, and how to create classroom and school environments that support student learning, equity, and support.
- The faculty includes superintendents, school and district officials, and former teachers with extensive experience in K-12 education.
- This master’s degree is designed to prepare current and future online educators to provide excellent elementary education to all students, regardless of differences and diversities, based on the idea that passionate, well-trained, and progressive-minded instructors help sustain a just and democratic society.
- Graduates can have a lasting, positive impact on students’ achievement through this Master’s in Teaching Online.
American University embraces a practice-based online Teaching Education master’s degree. The program forms a cohort of students with various experiences and backgrounds to contribute to the program’s dynamic learning environment.
Did You Know?
The MAT program must include peer learning and a continuous learning network. Students will, therefore, advance through the program as a cohort, studying the same courses and completing program milestones together.
There is a private school called Wilkes University located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. There are more than 2,200 students enrolled in both the graduate and undergraduate programs. Bucknell University established Wilkes as a branch campus in 1933.
Wilkes maintains its commitment to making higher education as accessible and affordable as possible. They offer an online Master’s in Education with a specialization in Online Teaching.
- Social and ethical responsibility will be emphasized in online and hybrid courses.
- The training and abilities necessary to attain learning goals in an online context have been discovered by educators in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- You’ll learn how to set up effective online communication and learning settings for students.
- Education has been revolutionized by online and blended learning because they offer increased accessibility, technology-infused content, and a student-centered approach to learning.
- Online training and technology are the main focus of this online master’s degree.
Students enrolled in Wilkes University’s MS in Education with a major in Online Teaching can earn the Pennsylvania Online Instruction Endorsement. It offers 30 credits online, and students will gain expertise in a variety of areas, such as collaborative learning communities, online assessment procedures, and instructional design.
Did You Know?
Their goal is to promote creative academic programs, projects, methods, and sustainable practices. They respect one another’s differences and embrace one another for who they are. A small-campus curriculum, opportunities, and mentoring are paired with the resources of a big university at Wilkes University. The most difficult challenges of the day are solved in collaboration between professors and students.
University of the Southwest
In Hobbs, New Mexico, there is a private Christian university called the University of the Southwest. The college had been a two-year Baptist institution of higher learning for some years prior to the university’s incorporation as College of the Southwest in 1962. They come with an accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission, and they offer an online Master of Science in Education in Online Teaching.
- For eligible students, financial aid from the federal government, the military, businesses, and instructors are all available options to those who can qualify.
- You can complete their 100% online degree programs at your own pace and schedule.
- Your degree and education will be respected because the online university is regionally approved.
- Your degree and educational credentials will be recognized thanks to their locally authorized online university.
Students have the chance to acquire extensive knowledge and abilities for instructing students in a virtual environment through the Master of Science in Education Online Teaching, a non-licensure track. Through best practices in online curriculum design, eLearning technology, online teaching and learning, and online learner assessment, the curriculum is created to develop online teaching competencies.
Did You Know?
Located in New Mexico, the University of the Southwest offers accredited online degrees that fit your schedule and timetable. You can develop responsibility and initiative while receiving a great education focused on your career at the University of the Southwest. With a strong support system and outstanding academic program, their learning community has helped students succeed for almost 50 years.
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University has evolved from a secretarial and accounting school to a company offering over 200 programs in business, education, liberal arts, social sciences, and STEM, ranging from certificates to doctorates.
The private, nonprofit, accredited Southern New Hampshire University is one of the fastest-growing universities in the country, with over 3,000 students on campus and 170,000 online. One of their top offerings in their master’s programs is the online Master’s Degree in Online Teaching.
- There are no set meeting times for classes so you can access course materials online at your own pace.
- Regardless of the emphasis, all students enrolled in the MEd in Curriculum and Instruction online degree must complete a total of 36 credits.
- You will learn how to select fresh and creative approaches to training. Using technology resources and instructional methods, develop learning activities that satisfy the needs of students in an online setting.
- To increase access to higher education, they are committed to keeping tuition costs low.
The online MEd in Curriculum & Instruction with an Online Teaching focus does not lead to licensure. A post-licensure Master of Education program at Southern New Hampshire University is also available for those with a license who want to advance their careers.
Did You Know?
Southern New Hampshire University broadens access to education by continually challenging the status quo and providing the greatest assistance in higher education to each student.
Warner School of Education – University of Rochester
The Warner University of Rochester is aimed at preparing educators who are knowledgeable, reflective, skilled, and caring leaders. They aim to work together across disciplines, professions, and constituencies to contribute to positive human development and education. They offer an online Master’s Degree in Online Teaching.
- This online master’s degree focuses on how to teach online and how to take advantage of digital technology in any educational situation.
- The curriculum comes with both coursework and practical experiences.
- The curriculum may be tailored to your instructional context, job responsibilities, and previous or current coursework to make it most relevant to you.
- Online graduate students can participate in cutting-edge, technologically rich learning activities both online and in-person to get firsthand knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses.
- All mandatory and optional courses in these programs can be completed entirely online, meeting once a week in synchronous meetings, if so desired.
The Warner School is one of the only institutions of education in the nation that provides courses that will equip you with the methods and know-how required to create lessons that make use of online and digital learning in a range of classroom situations. You may also pick from a variety of solutions to suit your situation and professional objectives.
Did You Know?
They offer a combined option for online teaching and learning. With this combined program, you can pursue both a master’s program and at least one advanced certificate concurrently. Adding a few credits can result in multiple credentials. The number of credits and length of the combined program will depend on the advanced certificate chosen.
Is eLearning Better than Traditional Study?
As technology grows and expands, it alters people’s perspectives and methods. It would be incorrect to claim that online school environments were created after the epidemic ravaged the world. During the pandemic, online education gained greater traction than it ever did. Although it took some time for instructors to become used to the online classroom environment, doing more of their teaching online improved their teaching skills.
Teachers benefit from online teaching. For instance, educators can have more individual attention and focus on each student in the online platform. There is more engagement involved as discussions can be more productive in online settings. And there will be a more systematic approach to grading and checking assignments.
Additionally, teachers are not required to gather and keep assignments physically. Assignments and projects can be arranged and kept on the server utilizing various eLearning tools provided by eLearning platforms. With that said, it all boils down to having both eLearning and traditional studies have their own sets of pros and cons. But online learning definitely has strong merits.
5 Benefits of an Online Master’s in Online Teaching
Pursuing a Master’s in Online Teaching can offer numerous benefits, especially in the current digital age where online education is becoming increasingly popular.
1. Career Growth
Several educational institutions prefer candidates with specialist credentials in online teaching. In many instances, this can even lead to promotion or leadership roles in your current employment. A master’s degree in online teaching can provide access to administrative jobs like curriculum developer, instructional designer, or online learning coordinator.
2. Improved Teaching Skills
Discover strategies for engaging and interactive online training that encourage active involvement. You will improve your instructional skills as you get exposed to various teaching techniques. You can learn how to adapt classic teaching strategies to online settings that cater to a variety of learner demands.
3. Professional Development
You can develop an attitude of ongoing learning and professional growth, which is crucial in the dynamic educational environment. You will also be able to develop a varied range of skills, such as those in instructional design, evaluation methods, and the use of educational technology.
4. Flexibility and Convenience
Online master’s programs frequently include flexible schedules that let you juggle job, life, and study. You can study for an online master’s in online teaching at any time and from anywhere. The degree may be pursued from anywhere, making it available to students from a wide range of regions and backgrounds.
5. Enhanced Pedagogical Skills
In an online master’s in online teaching, you can develop a thorough grasp of the methods and approaches used in online instruction. You can also develop your technology proficiency, and you develop expertise with a variety of online teaching and learning tools and platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can Online Teaching master’s students earn their graduate degree?
This program can be finished in one or two years of full-time study and depends on the institution on 30-36 credits. Some colleges offer part-time choices, but the process would take longer. Nevertheless, students must often finish their degrees in five years or less.
How can prospective students apply to a master’s program in Online Teaching?
In general, applicants can mail in or submit their applications online. It is necessary to hold a bachelor’s degree from an approved college, albeit it need not be in a relevant discipline. Some schools demand that applicants hold a teaching credential or have prior classroom experience.
Transcripts must be delivered on schedule, and a minimum GPA of 2.5 to 3.0 is frequently required. Candidates should be prepared to submit their resumes, recommendation letters, and essays or personal statements on their teaching goals and experiences.
What can students expect from an Online Master’s in Teaching?
This master’s program in online teaching covers the skills necessary to become a qualified and successful educator, as well as a number of other topics, such as how to engage students in an online environment. It will also teach you to use educational technology and online learning management systems and learn about the culture and practice of online teaching.
- In addition to enhancing your teaching abilities, an online Master’s in Online Teaching contributes significantly to the future of education.
- An online Master’s in Online Teaching provides teachers with the expertise they need to thrive in virtual learning environments while addressing the particular possibilities and problems that come with online learning. Graduates of these programs are well-prepared to lead and create in the digital education space as demand for online learning keeps increasing.
- Students typically perform a capstone project to demonstrate their understanding of the principles of online education. This project is frequently in the form of an online course design, an instructional module, or a research article.