Find your perfect college degree
In this article, we will be covering...
Students and Data Analytics professionals who wish to grow their skills in an increasingly relevant and ever-evolving field may want to consider earning an online master’s in data analytics. Some of the best online master’s in data analytics explore areas of study such as statistics, computer science, data mining, business intelligence, data modeling, and visualization, among many others.
They can expect to acquire advanced skills in SQL, Python, R, and other cutting-edge tools and technologies. With an online master’s degree in data analytics, one will be able to harness the power of big data, data collection, and data modeling to help transform business intelligence into applicable insights. This is integral to helping businesses and organizations gain competitive advantages.
The Labor Statistics Bureau has indicated that data scientists can earn a median annual salary of $103,500. This can go for master’s degree holders, helping them advance career-wise and boost their salary potential in the data analytics and data science industry.
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Database Management
- Best Online Master’s of Data Science Graduate Schools
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Information Systems Security
- Best Grad Schools with Online Master’s in Risk Management
Many universities and colleges offer some of the best online Master’s in Data Analytics. The online learning format is designed to help working professionals and working students pursue their degrees without compromising their personal obligations. If you are passionate about exploring and making the most out of big data and helping top management solve problems, then this master’s degree is suitable for you.
The recent decades have seen a massive trend toward data-driven processes, particularly in the business sector. Data scientists and data analysts are in demand, and students are well-served to go for the best education they can get, to best prepare them to become competent and in-demand Data Science professionals.
We can help you make that choice! Check out our list of graduate schools with the best online master’s in Data Analytics programs, each of which was selected based on these criteria:
- Offers their programs online, either synchronously or asynchronously,
- Features well-designed and continually-updated curricula that cover both technical skills in data analytics as well as crucial soft skills in leadership, communication, and more,
- Developed and taught by faculty who are experts in the field,
- Feature competitive tuition rates, as well as a range of financial aid options,
- Holds the relevant accreditation credentials, demonstrating high-quality online master’s education,
- and, Esteemed by and affiliated with Data Analytics industry associations.
Read our Methodology for more details on our ranking process.
Best Online Master’s in Data Analytics Programs
PennState World Campus
State College and College Township, PA
Pennsylvania State University has more than 125 years of experience in providing accessible education. In 1998, it launched the PennState World Campus, leading the way to quality distance education. This allowed working professionals to earn their degrees entirely online. Currently, the university offers more than 175 programs across a wide range of disciplines.
- PennState World Campus offers the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics online program to help cultivate students’ knowledge and practical skills in the field of data analytics.
- The program curriculum focuses on the design, implementation, and application of data management techniques, providing students with a fundamental understanding of data mining principles.
- Students will be able to explore supervised and unsupervised machine learning and statistical modeling along with the framing of analytics problems and identifying data sources.
The data analytics program prides itself on having an expert faculty with unique perspectives to teach online courses. Students can benefit a lot from their expertise, allowing them to acquire the skills needed to collect, classify, and analyze data at large and ultra-large scales with the use of statistics, machine learning, computer science, and software engineering.
Did You Know?
PennState World Campus is a nationally recognized higher learning institution, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Online students are provided with a full range of services to help them complete their higher education and succeed in their chosen careers. This includes academic advising, career counseling, technical support, tutorials, and mental health services, among others.
Ohio State University
Considered one of the top public colleges in Ohio, Ohio State University offers a wide range of online degree and certificate programs in a flexible academic environment. The online programs are designed to allow students to complete the degree at their own pace, with many of the programs offering part-time, full-time, and rolling admissions.
- Offered under Ohio State’s Translational Data Analytics Institute, the Master of Translational Data Analytics helps interested students become an expert in data storytelling.
- The online program is interdisciplinary in nature, accommodating working professionals from diverse fields, ranging from healthcare and education to finance and the arts.
- Students who wish to earn the degree must complete a total of 33 credits, covering courses such as Analytics Foundations, Big Data Computing Foundations, and Interactive Arts Media.
In this program, students can expect to engage in practical and experiential learning projects. They will learn through a design-thinking lens, allowing them to readily apply new research methods and in-demand data analysis skills while focusing on the development of full-cycle workflows for big data.
Did You Know?
Ohio State University makes it a point to make tuition and fees transparent. This means students can use the online calculator to help them understand how much a degree will cost when completed online. Plus, they do not need to pay for an on-campus fee.
A leading private research institution, Boston University houses more than 36,000 students and over 10,000 faculty and staff. It offers more than 300 programs of study across three campuses and online. In 2022 alone, Boston University received $531.2 million in grants and contracts.
- Boston University’s Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics program equips students with a solid knowledge of data analytics, allowing them to explore the applications of the latest tools and approaches.
- The rigorous curriculum has an emphasis on both data analytics and applied areas, including applied machine learning, databases, and large dataset processing methods.
- Students will learn all about the different database systems, data visualization tools, and data mining tools along with Python packages, R packages, and cloud services.
The master’s degree requires the completion of 32 credits. It tackles core courses such as Foundations of Analytics and Data Visualization, Data Science with Python, Data Mining, Web Mining and Graph Analytics, Foundations of Machine Learning, and Analysis of Algorithms.
Did You Know?
As an active member of the online education community, Boston University’s Distance Education office has memberships in various organizations. This includes Educause, the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), and the Online Learning Consortium.
University of Miami
Coral Gables, Florida
As one of the country’s top research universities, the University of Miami boasts a vibrant and diverse community with a focus on teaching and learning. It is currently home to more than 19,000 students enrolled in almost 350 majors and programs across 12 schools and colleges.
- The University of Miami is one of the universities in the country that offers data analytics programs online. The MS in Data Analytics & Program Evaluation equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to master high-demand analytics software such as R, Python, SPSS, and SAS.
- The master’s degree can also help them grow and advance their careers, allowing graduates to take on leadership roles in the field.
- Some of the courses covered in the program curriculum include Quality Methods, Survey Research Methods, Quantitative Methods, and Applied Multivariate Statistics.
There is an emphasis on hands-on practical applications of conceptual and technical concepts. Students are expected to utilize various research methodologies, including quantitative, qualitative, and computational methods. This is to help them make data-driven decisions integral to solving real-world problems.
Did You Know?
The University of Miami is a proud member of the Association of American Universities, boasting more than $413 million in sponsored programs and research expenditures every year. This distinction highlights the reputation of the university as a top research institution. In fact, only 3% of the institutions in the country are invited to join the AAU.
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, Colorado
Colorado State University has always been committed to providing quality education to working adults. It offers rigorous academic programs across dozens of majors. On a five-year average, the university has enrolled more than 33,400 students every year.
- The MS in Data Analytics offered by Colorado State University requires the completion of 36 credits, 24 of which are for core courses and 12 are allocated for specialization.
- The program is available in a fully online, asynchronous format, which means coursework can be completed from anywhere.
- Students learn how to master the application of business intelligence solutions and data analytics principles integral to making crucial business decisions.
The program is designed to help students prepare for responsibilities related to gathering and analyzing data. This includes exploring topics such as data warehousing, business analytics, data mining and visualization, predictive analysis, and enterprise performance management.
Did You Know?
Compared to other online universities and colleges, Colorado State University Global offers lower tuition rates. On top of that, students won’t have to pay for out-of-state tuition fees and other additional costs. For the past seven years, the university’s tuition rate has remained the same.
Plus, it offers a Tuition Guarantee, locking low rates in place so students will pay the same tuition rate as long as they are enrolled.
Western Governors University
Founded in 1997, Western Governors University remained true to its commitment to making higher education more accessible and convenient. This nonprofit university continues to disrupt the higher education model, allowing students to fit the pursuit of a degree around their busy schedules.
- The MS in Data Analytics degree at WGU puts the emphasis on theory and application, allowing students to learn by doing.
- Students can expect to master cutting-edge technology and explore machine learning and modern analytic tools and languages.
- The comprehensive curriculum features courses such as Data Visualization, Predictive Modeling, Data Acquisition, Data Visualization, and more.
The program culminates in a capstone project. This includes the completion of a technical work proposal, implementation, and a post-implementation report. Upon completing the data analytics master’s program, students will be able to acquire several certificates embedded within the degree. This includes certificates such as Data Analytics Fundamentals, Data Preparation, and Advanced Data Modeling.
Did You Know?
Western Governors University was recognized by the United States Distance Learning Association or USDLA for its leadership in distance learning, not just once but 10 times. In 2019, the same organization awarded the university the Non-Profit Innovation Award for its unique ability to combine high-level student service with integrity and assessment security.
University of Massachusetts Amherst
The largest public research university in New England, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is known for its quality and rigorous academic programs and innovative research. It offers at least 110 undergraduate majors and 127 graduate degrees, both on-campus and online. This means students can enjoy a wide range of flexible and innovative learning options.
- The University of Massachusetts Amherst offers the MS in Data Analytics and Computational Social Science program to prepare students for leadership roles in the field of data analysis and computational social science.
- The program curriculum reflects the current industry standards for data science professionals, requiring students to complete a total of 30 credits.
- Data science students can choose three technical electives to acquire training in one or more methods, including advanced statistics or econometrics, survey research, network analysis, and computational text analysis.
This fully online program can be taken part-time, allowing students to fulfill personal obligations as they pursue their graduate education. The degree outcomes stay the same, regardless if they are enrolled part-time or full-time.
Did You Know?
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is home to 12 diverse schools and colleges with expert faculty. This includes the College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Isenberg School of Management, among others.
Northern Illinois University
Committed to being an engine for innovation, Northern Illinois University has been empowering students through educational excellence and experiential learning since 1985. It houses 42 schools and departments within seven colleges, providing students with amazing learning opportunities.
- Northern Illinois University offers the intensive Master of Science in Data Analytics program to prepare students for the fastest-growing jobs in data science and data analytics.
- Students can expect coursework based on the latest trends and best practices in the field with a focus on real-world learning experiences.
- Students are required to complete a total of 10 required courses, with each course taking 10 weeks to complete.
This program allows students to explore cutting-edge technologies. This includes R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, SAP Predictive Analytics, Tableau, and SAS. Upon graduation, students will also earn the NIU-SAS joint certification credential.
Did You Know?
Northern Illinois University keeps the student-to-faculty classes to a manageable size with a 15:1 ratio. This means students will have more opportunities to receive ample attention and guidance from a dedicated faculty.
Oregon State University
A leading public research university, Oregon State University offers more than 200 degree programs. It is home to thousands of students from all over the country and beyond. It has 2 campuses, 12 experiment stations, and 11 colleges. The university is considered among the top 1.4% of universities in the world.
- Oregon State University’s Master of Science in Data Analytics is offered under the prestigious College of Science and Department of Statistics.
- The program is designed for professionals looking to enhance their statistical and analytical skills and boost their credentials.
- The classes in this online program are taught by full-time Oregon State faculty with demonstrated experience and expertise in data analytics.
This comprehensive data analytics program combines statistics and computer science. It requires the completion of 45 credits, encompassing courses such as Foundations of Data Analytics, Programming and Data Structure, Data Science Tools and Programming, Applied Machine Learning, and Time Series Analytics, among others.
Did You Know?
Oregon State University features an Extension Service, operating in all of Oregon’s 36 counties. It aims to provide information, services, and expertise to 2.3 million Oregonians every year, covering areas such as cooking, gardening, natural resources, and more.
Old Dominion University
Established in 1930, Old Dominion University is a forward-focused public doctoral research university in Virginia. It is home to more than 24,000 students across a multitude of academic disciplines, from certificates and bachelor’s degrees to master’s and doctoral programs. Old Dominion University is Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges-accredited.
- With a uniquely interdisciplinary approach, Old Dominion University’s MS in Data Science and Analytics draws faculty expertise from various disciplines, including business, engineering and technology, arts and letters, and the sciences.
- Students are provided with a solid foundation in data analytics, data science, statistics, and data visualization.
- They are expected to gain proficiency in various programming languages, tools, and software packages to help them perform analytics on complete data.
- To earn the program, students must complete 30 credit hours, consisting of five core courses, four courses from concentration, and one capstone project course.
In this analytics and data science master’s program, students are allowed to choose a concentration. There are four options to choose from, including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Engineering and Big Data Analytics, Geospatial Analytics, and Business Intelligence and Analytics.
Did You Know?
Old Dominion University offers more than 120 online academic degree programs, more than any state school in Virginia. Among students surveyed, 97% are satisfied with their overall online learning experience at ODU. Around 86% of students would recommend the university to others.
Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University was first founded back in 1876. Johns Hopkins, a Quaker and American entrepreneur, bequeathed around $7 million for its establishment. At present, Johns Hopkins University has over 30,500 students, and is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity”.
- Johns Hopkins University offers the web-based MS in Data Science, which features a curriculum anchored on Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, designed to address the ever-growing need for data science professionals in today’s increasingly data-driven landscape.
- The program is offered part-time and designed around the needs of working professionals. Classes are delivered online or through virtual live classes.
- The program covers a wide range of advanced data science courses, including Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Large-Scale Data Systems, and Game Theory, as well as both the theoretical and practical aspects of computer science and applied mathematics.
With this program, students can expect top-notch quality education that comes from a top research university. Another unique feature is the Home-To-Hopkins option, which lets students start their degree from anywhere in the world, and then finish their degree on-campus at JHU.
Did You Know?
Johns Hopkins University is a founding member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). Johns Hopkins University also continues to be one of the biggest spenders in the country when it comes to research.
San Diego State University
San Diego, California
The San Diego State University was initially established as a Normal School in 1897. It is the third-oldest university in the California State University system. At present, San Diego State University has over 35,500 students, and is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – high research activity.”
- San Diego State University runs the MS in Big Data Analytics program, a transdisciplinary degree that prepares students for careers as data scientists and data analytics experts.
- The program contains a total of 30 credit hours (including 12 credits of core courses and 9 credits of electives) and can be completed in 16 months. The program’s capstone consists of a comprehensive examination.
- The program’s curriculum covers a wide range of topics, which include database theory & applications, machine learning, data visualization, statistics, mathematical skills, and more.
The program features a curriculum anchored on the dual-core of computational skills and analytical methods and has applicability in a wide variety of fields outside of data science, including Business, Public Health, Bioinformatics, Information Technology, Marketing, and more. The curriculum is also constantly updated by its expert faculty, to keep up with professional experience and the latest research.
Did You Know?
For those who may not yet have decided on going for the full master’s degree, SDSU also offers a Professional Bootcamp in Data Science and Analytics, as well as a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Data Science.
Kansas State University
Kansas State University (KSU) is a public, land-grant, research university in the city of Manhattan, Kansas, with two branch campuses in the cities of Salina and Olathe, Kansas. It was founded in 1863 as the state’s first land-grant college and was originally known as the Kansas State Agricultural College.
Kansas State University is composed of nine colleges, which host a student population of almost 20,000. KSU is classified among “R1: Doctoral Colleges – Very High Research Activity”.
- Kansas State University offers an online Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, designed to develop students’ expertise in working with large data sets to draw meaningful and actionable insights for a variety of organizations and settings.
- The program is 100% online and contains a total of 30 credit hours. The program’s curriculum is anchored on data analytics and applied science.
- Prospective students are expected to have completed courses in statistics beforehand and have familiarity with computer programming. Likewise, it is preferable for students to be able to demonstrate relevant work or internship experience
The program features a comprehensive curriculum that enhances students’ skills in data mining, analysis, and communication. Students also get quality education at affordable state university-level tuition rates.
Did You Know?
KSU also offers a 15-credit hour, 100% online Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics, which students can complete either at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a public research university in Tempe, Arizona, part of the greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area. It was founded in 1885 as the Territorial Normal School through an act passed by the 13th Arizona Territorial Legislature.
ASU is one of the largest universities in the country in terms of total enrollment, with a population of over 100,000 across all its campuses, (the Tempe campus alone has over 54,000 students). ASU is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity”.
- Arizona State University offers an online MS in Program Evaluation and Data Analytics, which develops students’ skills in leveraging information to improve organizational performance.
- The program contains a total of 33 credit hours (11 courses), with classes at 7.5 weeks long each.
- Unlike other programs that are typically oriented toward the field of business, this degree is uniquely tailored for careers in the nonprofit and public sectors.
This program gives a unique twist on the typical Data Analytics master’s degree and integrates courses from the discipline of program evaluation. The program’s public and nonprofit sector-orientated design also doesn’t assume students to have any prior knowledge of computer programming.
Did You Know?
Arizona State University also offers an Online Graduate Certificate and Online Master of Science in Biological Data Science degree program, which bridges the fields of mathematical and natural sciences. Likewise, ASU also offers an Online Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Southern New Hampshire University
Manchester, New Hampshire
Southern New Hampshire University is a private university in the city of Manchester, New Hampshire. It was founded in 1932 as the New Hampshire School of Accounting & Secretarial Science and was initially focused on teaching business.
Currently, SNHU is considered one of the fastest-growing universities in the country; while it has an on-campus population of almost 4,000 students, SNHU has over 135,000 students enrolled in online degree programs.
- Southern New Hampshire University’s Online Master of Science in Data Analytics develops students’ skills in working with large data sets and providing crucial decision support to organizations.
- This program requires 36 credit hours and takes as little as 15 months.
- The program curriculum covers Descriptive Statistics and Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Data Visualization & Presentation, the Data Analytics Life Cycle, as well as Scrum Management Techniques, among others.
Designed as a deep dive into the study of analyzing data, students are trained in a range of industry-standard applications, including R, Tableau, and SQL. The program also complements technical knowledge in data analytics with courses in data-driven decision-making, project management, and predictive analytics, as well as crucial leadership and communication skills.
Did You Know?
Southern New Hampshire University is known for having one of the lowest tuition rates in the country. They also offer up to 25% tuition discounts for US service members and their spouses for both full-time and part-time degrees.
Northwest University is a private, Christian university in the city of Kirkland, Washington. The university has its roots in the Assemblies of God USA’s Northwest Ministry Network, and first opened its doors as a Bible Institute back in 1934.
The institute became the Northwest Bible College in 1949 and became the Northwest University back in 2004. At present, Northwestern University has a little over 1,000 students.
- Northwest University offers a Master of Science in Data Analytics and Research Psychology, a uniquely designed program that develops students’ skills in applying social science research methodologies for various organizational and community needs.
- The program contains a total of 36 credit hours and has an average completion time of 24 months. The program follows a sequential design, and courses are delivered asynchronously.
- The program is also designed with three distinct concentration tracks: Data Analytics, Program Evaluation, and a Doctoral Preparation track.
Unlike other business-oriented Data Analytics programs, Northwest University’s MS in Data Analysis and Research Psychology is orientated toward the fields of user experience and the social sciences. The program is also heavily grounded on hands-on application, which gives students crucial hands-on skill-building experiences.
Did You Know?
Being a Christian university, Northwest maintains a welcoming and open stance towards people who come from a faith background, which they contend many universities can be antagonistic towards. Each program also contains a component that lets students relate key content areas with their faith.
University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
The University of Wisconsin–Whitewater (UWW) is a public university in the city of Whitewater, part of the University of Wisconsin System. Like many other universities in this list, it started life in 1868 as a Normal School, dedicated solely to teacher training, and was designated as a State University in 1964.
Currently, UWW has a population of over 11,000 students and offers around 47 undergraduate majors and 13 graduate programs.
- The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater offers an online MS in Data Analytics, which prepares students with crucial skills in data science, management, and communication to become effective decision-support professionals.
- The program is fully online and contains a total of 30 credit hours (18 credits of core courses and 12 credits of electives). On a part-time enrollment basis, the program can be completed in about 24 months.
- The program’s core focuses on Quantitative Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Foundations, Programming, Data Mining, and Visual Analytics. Electives include Digital Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Quantitative Financial Analysis, and more.
This data analytics program’s curriculum aligns with the requirements for earning a Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) certification, which is the globally recognized standard for the data analytics profession. UWW likewise holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Did You Know?
The University of Wisconsin–Whitewater also offers Data Analytics as an Online Graduate Certificate program, which can count toward either the Master of Science in Data Analytics or toward the UW-Whitewater Online MBA.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Davenport University is a private university with campuses in the city of Grand Rapids and in several other locations throughout the state of Michigan. It was first established as the Grand Rapids Business College in 1866. Davenport University currently has over 7,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate-level degree programs in over 50 different areas of study.
- Davenport University offers a Master of Science in Data Analytics, a career-centered program that prepares students to take on data scientist careers with skills in data mining, predictive analysis, data visualization, and communication.
- The program contains a total of 30 credit hours, which includes 12 credits of core courses and 15 credits of advanced courses. The 3-credit hour capstone involves designing and executing an analytics project on a topic of their choosing.
- The program provides training on a number of key industry software, including R, SQL, IBM SPSS Statistics, and Tableau.
Unlike other Data Analytics master’s programs which require/assume students to have prior backgrounds in working with data, this is also open to those who do not have such a background. This program also aligns with the rubric set by Quality Matters (QM) for quality online education.
Did You Know?
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota in the city of Winona, Minnesota, is associated with the De La Salle Christian Brothers religious order. It was founded as a men’s college in 1912, Saint Mary’s College, becoming co-educational in 1969 and becoming a university in 1995. Currently, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has a population of around 4,700 students.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s MS in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics was designed with a high degree of real-world applicability in a wide range of organizations.
- The program contains a total of 36 credit hours and has an average completion time of 1 year.
- The program curriculum includes courses on business intelligence, artificial intelligence, and big data analytics, as well as presentation skills.
The program features an application-based design designed to maximize the learning of crucial skills and is offered with a range of stackable graduate certificates which include Healthcare Analytics, Project Management, Artificial Intelligence, and more.
Did You Know?
Butler University is a private university in Indianapolis, Indiana. It was first founded in 1855 as the North-Western Christian University, by Ovid Butler, an attorney and newspaper publisher. The university later moved to a new location and was renamed Butler University in 1877.
At present, Butler University offers programs that cover over 60 major academic fields of study and has a population of over 5,500 students.
- Butler University offers the online MS in Data Analytics, a program that develops students’ analytical skills needed in creating and deploying data-based actionable insights, crucial to organizational decision-making processes.
- The program contains 31-32 credit hours (depending on the concentration area) and is offered 100% online and synchronously, with weekly live instruction. The program can be completed in at least 21 months.
- The program contains concentration areas in Healthcare Analytics and Business Analytics, which each consist of 4 courses.
Butler University consistently ranks high for the innovativeness of its degree programs and prides itself on its emphasis on experiential, student-centered education. The program also has competitive tuition rates, as well as a range of financial aid options.
Did You Know?
A lot of the oldest universities in the country started out initially as either men’s or women’s only colleges, only becoming co-educational institutions later on in their lives. Butler University is one of the exceptions, being the second in Indiana and the third in the country to admit both men and women.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between Data Analytics and Data Science?
Generally, these two fields are nearly interchangeable. They are both integral to understanding and managing data. They also revolve around data modeling, statistics, and programming, often employing one’s analytical and critical thinking skills.
However, the two have their differences. Data science involves the use of math, statistics, and programming to gain insights and drive strategies in organizations. As a data scientist, one will need to be an expert in machine learning, data modeling, and automated processes.
On the other hand, Data Analytics involves the collection, organization, and maintenance of data. While they do use statistics, programming, and other techniques to gain insights from data, data analytics take action based on the requests of decision-makers rather than focusing on driving the decision-making process.
This means a Data Science degree can make predictions and identify opportunities while data analytics involves collecting, storing, and maintaining data.
How long does it take to complete the online Master’s in Data Science/Data Analytics?
Usually, students complete the program in two years or less. This largely depends on the number of credits required to earn the degree and the commitment of students. Some may be enrolled part-time, which means it can take them longer to earn the degree.
- The world is increasingly running on data-driven and data-based processes for a wide range of industries and aspects, and along with this comes an increase in demand for data science professionals skilled in working with big data or raw data to derive crucial insights.
- Master’s degrees in Data Analytics/Data Science typically cover technical skills in data mining, data analysis, database management, data visualization, and statistical methods; advanced techniques like machine learning and predictive modeling; and crucially, communication skills.
- Many Data Analytics master’s programs include a bachelor’s degree level background in data analytics and/or familiarity with programming as a prerequisite, however, there are some programs that are also designed for those who come from non-technical backgrounds.