The misconception that those with a degree in Humanities or the Liberal Arts are disadvantaged in career options is inaccurate. Bill Gates believed the same while rival Steve Jobs believed otherwise.
As technologies and devices attempt to become more intuitive in imitating and anticipating human behavior, responses, and expectations, the need for professionals with a solid background in the Liberal Arts—especially the Humanities—is more palpable.
The field of Humanities is broad; therefore, can be a very beneficial degree for all who earn it. Today’s technology advancements demand the skills and knowledge needed to pursue future endeavors to help us change with the times. With a degree that promotes human thought… the sky’s the limit!
Their expertise in understanding human behavior, communication, and imagery is paramount in creating an elegant technological solution, and more importantly, marketing it to consumers. Steve Jobs couldn’t have said it better when he unveiled the iPad 2 in 2011:
“It’s in Apple’s DNA that technology alone is not enough—it’s technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities, that yields us the result that makes our heart sing, and nowhere is that more true than in these post-PC devices.”
Bill Gates now believes this as well.
Whereas engineers, scientists, and programmers are after the mechanics and efficiency of innovation, experts in liberal arts like the humanities add a personal human touch through design, ergonomics, and language that engages customers and key users. It, therefore, creates an itch, a desire to have that new smartphone or self-driving car, and the urge to keep wanting for more advancements and be the first to experience them.
After all, isn’t the purpose of innovation to make lives more efficient for humans?
What features are important to users?
What technology or functionality that hasn’t been created yet has the potential to break ground in a particular market segment?
Will it change the game for consumer electronics and technology for good?
The Power of the Humanities
It understands human beings’ desire to acquire, be above everybody else, and be the first. The marriage of Humanities with AI and machine learning results in all these things we use and have depended on – smartphones, wireless technology, streaming, cashless payments, going paperless, and even online or remote learning.
Master’s of Humanities Degree
An online Master’s of Humanities is a graduate-level study that can be taken by any professional with a bachelor’s degree in any field. It encompasses a more in-depth exposition of human thought, behavior, and creativity and how they evolved through time.
The analyses of the various facets of human character – motivations, pursuits, emotions – are done by examining literature, philosophies, artwork, history, and various theologies that form the umbrella of thought that is the Humanities. As long as it concerns the human way of thinking and feeling, it is under the discipline of the Humanities.
A Master’s of Humanities degree can sometimes be offered through a more specific pathway or concentration. For example, some universities may have a Department of Humanities that doesn’t offer an MA in Humanities per se, but rather master’s degrees in different concentrations of Humanities such as:
- or the Arts.
All variations of a Master’s of Humanities degree have curricula that are inspired or based on the Great Books Tradition.
Courses under the Master’s of Humanities degree path can be taken on-campus or online. Although, since the pandemic, most universities have offered the program through purely online delivery, while others offer it through a blended learning modality.
Quick audio summary:
Advancing to a master’s degree demands dedication to excel and move further up in the field. By enrolling in a highly reputable online Master’s of Humanities degree program, students emerge as dedicated and competent professionals who excel in their field of discipline in the industry they choose.
Our 10 Best Online Master of Humanities Graduate Schools were put together to help students decide on a quality graduate school. These factors were considered:
- Fully 100% online or hybrid programs covering all the facets of a Humanities program at the master’s degree level,
- Intensive education and training that does not skimp on instruction quality and coursework rigor,
- Humanities graduate degree holders as professors,
- Accredited by academic institutions and organizations that ensure the delivery of top-quality online master’s programs,
- Highly esteemed by organizations focused on advancing Humanities as a field of discipline,
- The notable presence of the graduate institution in university and program rankings.
Below is our 10 Best Online Master of Humanities program, featuring a variety of specializations and all the essential pieces of information to help you find the perfect program for you.
Best Online Master’s of Humanities Graduate Schools
American Public University
: 111 W. Congress Street, Charles Town, WV 25414
Founded by a retired Marine Corps officer in 1991, American Public University initially aimed to offer quality yet affordable remote education for individuals in the service; it says so on their website: “a proud heritage of educating those who serve. Today, it caters to providing education to servicemen and women, and students from all around the world, with more than 200 academic programs to choose from.
- APU’s Online Master of Arts in Humanities is one of, if not the top-rated online program to come out from this institution. Its curriculum is based on the so-called Great Books reading list, or a suggested reading list by contemporary philosopher Mortimer Adler, including Aristotle, Hippocrates, Plato, Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Leo Tolstoy, and other writers and philosophers spanning two millennia.
- The required course credits for completion are 36 hours. Students can choose 4 out of 6 major courses to fulfill the 12 hours, while the remaining 24 will be composed of the mandatory course requirements plus the capstone project.
- Admission to the program only requires a bachelor’s degree in any track earned from a CHEA-accredited institution. The GRE or GMAT is not required.
- Transfer students have a maximum of 15 credits (or five courses) earned from another university to be credited towards an MA in Humanities at APU.
Standout Features of APU’s Online MA in Humanities:
There are so many things that make APU’s MA in Humanities stand out. As mentioned, servicemembers can avail of huge discounts and free perks should they enroll in the program (which applies to other APU programs).
The eligibility for transfer credits is lenient and generous, which is also limited to acceptance of courses already taken in other universities; working experience, professional certifications and training, and military experience are also valued at APU and may count towards credits for a degree. The feature that stands out is that courses start monthly, thus accelerating a two-year program to just 8 to 16 weeks.
The 30-year-old APU System has a proactive role in the virtual space in providing its students and even non-students with free resources for various topics and endless learning, especially during the pandemic. In April, it launched more than 200 podcasts addressing economic and social issues, while in March, it launched about 60 courses to help entrepreneurs and their businesses to get back on track.
Arizona State University – ASU Online
: Tempe, AZ 85281
Whether it’s undergraduate or graduate, Arizona State University comes to mind when it comes to online degrees. Hailed by the US News & World Report as the top school in the US for innovation, ASU Online offers more than 200-course programs in different disciplines. From more generalized specializations like Computer Science, Communication, and MBA, to highly specialized degrees such as Biomedicine, Clinical Management, Cybersecurity, English or History, whatever the interest or passion, ASU Online has it.
- ASU’ s Online Master of Arts in English prepares students for a career in any industry with important soft skills such as collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
- The program requires students to take a total of 10 classes, equivalent to 30 credit hours. Each course runs for about 7 to 8 weeks.
- The program offers research in English Studies, Young Adult Literature, Magical Realism Genre, Composition Studies, and Linguistics. A capstone seminar is required for completion.
- Admission to the program requires an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0, letters of recommendation, transcripts, an updated CV, and the application form and fee of $70.
Standout Features of ASU’s Online MA in English:
The faculty for the MA in English program consists of distinguished experts in the field, with many of them being Nobel Laureates and fellows of the American Academy, Guggenheim Foundation, and Macarthur Foundation, among many others.
ASU has recently entered into a partnership with Starbucks to launch the Starbucks College Achievement Plan. Through this initiative, Starbucks employees can pursue an undergraduate degree through ASU Online. The tuition fee is fully covered through reimbursement with no commitment whatsoever from the student.
: 5345 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL 36109
: (800) 879-9816
Faulkner University is a Christian university with four physical campuses in Alabama – Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, and Mobile – and an online campus that offers undergraduate and graduate levels. Faulkner offers 12 online programs at the master’s level, including the Online Master of Arts in Humanities program.
- The program requires 36 hours of credits for completion. The timeline is not rigid, and courses can be completed in a flexi-time schedule that would work around working students or students with families and the like.
- The curriculum is structured with two foundational courses that focus on thought development through time and communication skills. Five core courses tackle history, literature, letters, philosophy, and religion. Independent tutorials on the five core subjects are also part of the curriculum, culminating in a thesis course.
- Admission requirements include a filled-out application form, transcripts, a minimum GPA of 3.25, a 300-word statement of goals, a passing GRE or GMAT mark, and three letters of recommendation from non-family members or relatives.
Standout Features of Faulkner’s MA in Humanities:
Unlike other Master’s in Humanities programs, Faulkner’s is one of the few, if not the only one that allows time – 12 units at that – for a one-on-one tutorial for a better and a much deeper understanding of the various concepts in Humanities.
The independent tutorial sessions comprise four courses in the curriculum, and students may choose four subject areas from the following: Humanities, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Religion.
Almost half of Faulkner’s student demographic is from the minority population, while international students have also made a dent in the student demographic, especially for the online degree demographic.
University of Massachusetts – Boston
: 100 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125-3393
University of Massachusetts Boston’s Online offerings is one of the top-rated in the country. Its courses, which are based on the Instructional Design method, are delivered by the members of the UMB academe themselves, and its curation is a joint effort by its academe, expert IT staff, and curriculum designers.
Students are asked for feedback which means that curricula and program offerings are constantly being assessed and checked for clarity, quality, resonance, and relevance.
- UMass’ Online MA in History program requires 30 credit hours for completion. Of the 30 units, 24 of these come from course intake, while the six units would come from a completely delivered and defended thesis.
- The curriculum is structured to require courses like Research Methods and Introduction to Historiography. There are 11 available electives, of which students are required to enroll in 5. The electives cover topics such as American History, European History, and even Atlantic History, plus specific historical timelines such as World War II, European Fascism, the Cold War, etc.
- Admission requirements include transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a 1500-word statement of purpose, a writing sample of a History paper written for an undergraduate class, a GPA of at least 3.0, and a GPA in History of at least 3.33. A GRE passing mark is not required but preferred.
Standout Features of UMass Boston’s MA in History:
Any bachelor’s degree will be considered for application into the MA in History program, with or without a major in History. But if the applicant has significant work experience in museums, libraries, archives, or even worked as a tour guide, albeit being a non-history undergraduate major, these will be favorably taken into account during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts is a publicly funded research university. For the fiscal year 2019, the university raised $62 million for research on various subject matters such as sustainability, STEM, health and life sciences, social, cultural, and community studies, and neuroscience.
: 155 Miami St., Tiffin, OH 44883
Tiffin University’s Online Master of Humanities program offers five specialties that allow students to deep dive and concentrate on areas that appeal to their interest or passion – Communication, Creative Writing, English, Film Studies, and Art & Visual Media job-ready across industries.
- The Online MH Arts & Visual offered by Tiffin University prepares students for careers in industries like advertising, mass media, film, art or museum curation, art archiving, design, photography, or even art instruction or education.
- It requires 30 credit hours that can be completed in as little as 1.5 years to 2.5 years. It consists of core Humanities courses like Aesthetics, Literacy Theory, and Intro to Graduate Humanities.
- Students are required to take 6 of the 12 electives available. Electives include courses on photography, film, teaching, art history, and the art and culture behind the popularity of graphic novels.
- The course culminates with either a capstone project or a comprehensive exam. The capstone project may be in the form of a thesis defense, a creative research project, or an artistic portfolio. Page requirement is between 40 to 60 pages.
Standout Features of Tiffin University’s Online MH Art & Visual Media:
With the Art & Visual Media graduate course being one of the five specializations under the Master of Humanities umbrella, students can expect that its curriculum is not solely concentrated on the various facets of the visual medium.
The curriculum balances this with a strong foundation of literature and humanities courses, thus birthing the perfect communicator who is well-versed visually and verbally and capable of profound analysis and interpretation.
Tiffin University recently launched a free two-week online course entitled “Diversity in Education,” which explores the subject matter and serves as a free trial for the university’s online learning modality, which will most benefit those with second thoughts on online learning works.
The trial course will require student participants to complete assignments and interact with Tiffin faculty and fellow students, similar to how it would be in a typical online class.
Adams State University Colorado
: 208 Edgemont Blvd., Alamosa, CO 81101
: 800-824-6494 / 719-587-7011
Nestled in the geological wonders of San Luis Valley, the Great Sand Dunes National Park, Zapata Falls, Penitente Canyon, and mountain ranges is the Adams State University in Alamosa, Colorado, a public university founded in 1921. It currently has course offerings in various disciplines – from Agriculture to Kinesiology to Latino studies to Water Studies to the conventional disciplines like Business, Education, Humanities, Health Science, and Computer Science.
- ASU’s MA in Humanities is divided into two-course concentrations: Cultural Resource Management (CRM) and US History.
- The MA in Humanities – CRM track focuses on archaeological learning, whether in prehistoric or historic eras. Its curriculum requires students to enroll in an Archaeological Theory course and take up an internship alongside a thesis to complete the program.
- On the other hand, the MA in Humanities – US History track analyzes different histories per geography (e.g., US, Atlantic, Latino, Europe) and per era (Gilded Age, Progressive Age, Civil War, US Presidencies).
- While there are many overlaps in the elective courses for the two concentrations, the CRM track has a greater focus on political theories, while the US History track has a more expanded historical curriculum beyond US history.
Standout Features of ASU’s MA in Humanities:
While it’s common among other universities to offer History, Communication, Literature, or even Philosophy tracks for its MA in Humanities program, only ASU offers very distinct concentrations under this graduate program, specifically the Cultural Resource Management path.
Adams State University in Colorado is the first educational institution in the state, with a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) granted in 1998. This distinction is awarded to universities with a Hispanic enrollment of at least 25% of their total student population.
University of Memphis
: 3720 Alumni Ave., Memphis, TN 38152
The University of Memphis is a leading research institution founded in 1912. It currently offers more than 200 programs in various areas and levels of learning. The university also has another campus, UoM Lambuth, located in Jackson, TN. Like the main campus at Memphis, it also offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate studies, with scientific and creative research opportunities.
- UoM’s Online Master of Arts in History has concentrations in the following areas: US, Medieval, European and Asian, and Gender studies, particularly on Women and Family. Students can choose from any of the 40 courses offered by the program.
- Students are required to complete 33 credit hours of coursework.
- Students who will enroll in the program as a terminal degree may opt not to submit a thesis for completion. On the other hand, a thesis is strongly recommended should students decide to pursue a doctoral degree after the master’s degree.
- Admission to the program requires a 3.0 GPA and 18 credit hours of undergraduate history courses. Non-history courses may be considered provided the committee deems the methodology as similar.
- A writing sample, a 500-word statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation are also required of applicants applying to the program.
Standout Features of UoM’s Online MA in History:
Online Master of Arts in History students at the University of Memphis are eligible for assistantship positions. MA students must submit their applications before the start of the new academic year.
The University of Memphis houses the FedEx Institute of Technology (FIT), a partnership with the forwarding giant to bring research on emerging technologies to the forefront of industry applications. It brings together business and technology through only research, training, and strategies.
Among the technologies and concepts explored in FIT are blockchain, change management, Agile training, business architecture and integration, design thinking, and data science.
: Athens, OH 45701
Ohio University is the state’s first public university, founded in 1804. It is hailed as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation, boasting more than 250 patents all across the globe. Aside from the main campus in Athens, it has ten other campuses and an online campus.
- Ohio University’s MA in English is geared towards teachers or aspiring high school teachers, but any professional can enroll in the program.
- The program requires 32 course credits for completion, with the mandated first and last subjects being Introduction to English Studies and Culminating Master’s Essay, respectively. The curriculum revolves around American and British Literature, including the Renaissance and Romantic Era. A course is also dedicated to Cross-Cultural Literature.
- The program is completely delivered online through the Learning Management System (LMS) Blackboard. Other online tools required and utilized for the program are MS Office, a browser, and an email client.
- Unlike other MAs in Humanities being offered in other universities, this program commences only once a year, and it starts during the summer term in May. The entire program can be completed in at least two years.
- Requirements include an application form, a bachelor’s degree, a GPA of at least 3.0, two letters of recommendation, a 4-12 paged writing sample, preferably a college paper, a statement of purpose, and an updated CV.
Standout Features of Ohio University’s Online MA in English Program:
Students looking to transfer to OU’s MA in English Program can have up to 12 credit hours credited towards the degree, provided that the courses in question were attained with at least a B grade and were taken within the last five years.
Ohio University lives up to its designation as a High Research Activity Institution by housing several centers focused on cross-industry research and initiatives. Among these are the Russ Research Center, a full-scale industrial zone that houses several industries and research centers focused on engineering, aerospace, manufacturing, technology, IT, and the life sciences.
: 1015 Philadelphia Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201
Wilson College was founded in 1869 through a charter granted to Sarah Wilson, the first American woman to provide a learning institution for women, after whom the college was named. The institution’s main focus was to provide learning in literature, the arts, and the sciences for women. Today, it has evolved through decades to include male enrollees, as well as minority enrollees.
- Wilson College’s MA in Humanities program has two modes of delivery: blended learning and purely online delivery. The online track only offers concentrations in English Literature and Literature, Arts and Culture. The other concentrations in Women’s Studies, Critical and Cultural Theory, and the Arts and Culture track are offered in a blended learning environment.
- Some of the courses that can be taken for the online tracks are Communications Law and Ethics, Media, Feminist and Culture Theory, Creative Writing in various genres, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Robert Burns, Christopher Marlowe, and Spanish to English translation.
- Admission to the program is quite rigorous as applicants are required to have attained a bachelor’s degree in any subfield of the Humanities. Otherwise, the applicant must be interviewed by the program director and may even be required to take undergraduate Humanities courses before being admitted into the program. In addition, the minimum GPA for undergraduate studies must be 3.0.
- Additional requirements include two letters of recommendation, a 15-page writing sample, transcripts, and a CV. For transfer students, only a maximum of two courses may be credited towards the degree, provided that the course is relevant to the degree and the GPA for each course is at least 3.0.
- The program also offers assistantships in exchange for tuition discounts or even amnesty. Student assistants need to work for 15 hours per week. The job post is valid for one year and may be renewed for one more year, which serves as the last year of assistantship. Students can choose either of the two posts: Assistant at the College Writing Center or Assistant at the Hankey Center Archives. Admission to the MA program and a completed FAFSA form are requirements before the application for an assistantship.
Standout Features of Wilson College’s MA in Humanities:
The program’s curriculum offers a unique course that is rarely offered in other universities: Postnatural Humanities.
While other courses under this discipline offer insights into works and ages of the past, this particular course draws inspiration and basis from the various disciplines of art, literature, humanities, and social sciences to analyze the evolution of the human character and predict human behavior in an advanced or modern era.
Apart from the Humanities program, other well-esteemed programs at Wilson College include Nursing, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, and Biology. It is regarded as one the best colleges by students with children and single parents.
University of Dallas – Braniff Graduate School
: 1845 East Northgate Drive, Irving, Texas 75062-4736
The University of Dallas is a Catholic learning institution founded in 1910 by the Vincentian priesthood sect. It currently enrolls more than 3,000 students all across the globe through its undergraduate and graduate offerings, which are offered both on-campus and online.
- UD’s Braniff School of Liberal Arts offers the terminal degree Online Master of Humanities (MH) program and the Online Master of Arts in Humanities (MAH) program.
- Under the MH program, students must complete 36 credit hours of coursework that culminates in a comprehensive exam.
- The requirements under the MAH program are more rigorous. Students are also required to complete 36 credit hours of course work, a thesis, and a comprehensive exam. Before the thesis requirement, students must first pass a reading competency demonstration in the following languages: Latin, German, Spanish, French, Greek, or Italian.
- Both tracks are required to enroll in three courses that are part of the Great Works curriculum. Students can choose three of the four courses: Ancient World, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Baroque, and Modern World.
- To be admitted to the program, applicants should have earned a bachelor’s degree even in non-Humanities disciplines, two letters of recommendation, a 750-word statement of purpose, a 750-word autobiography, a 6000-word writing sample which could be a college paper, transcripts, the completed application form, and a $50 application fee. Transfer students are also accepted and can have a maximum of 3 courses or nine credit hours credited towards the degree.
Standout Features of UD’s MH and MAH Programs:
Students can tailor fit their MH or MAH curriculum according to their interests or passions, as long as they enroll in three of the four Great Works courses mandated by the program.
Students can expand their horizons by enrolling in courses that focus on the following: Period Literature, Theology, Philosophy, Classical Education, American Studies, Psychology, Politics, History, Economics, Foreign Languages, Art, and Drama.
The Princeton Review recently hailed the University of Dallas as one the top universities where students are the happiest. The Happiest Students list is one of Princeton’s 386 rankings in its annual review. UD ranked 5th among the 20 universities on the list.
: 1 Blowers Boulevard, Milligan, TN 37682
Originally founded in 1866, Milligan University has undergone several transformations from its name to its physical structure. It was named after Biblical Studies professor Robert Milligan, whose teachings on Christian discipleship through intellectual learning and development formed its core values.
- Milligan’s MA in Humanities is a program that balances literary and humanities exposition through a Christian lens.
- The program combines on-campus and online learning and is available for the fall, spring, and summer terms, which means students can complete the program in as little as 1.5 years.
- The required coursework is 30 credit hours, including the required courses in Interdisciplinary Studies, Humanities Readings, Humanities Colloquium, and Capstone project, which make up 12 course credits. As for the remaining 18 course credits, students may enroll in elective courses within their preferred and approved concentration.
- The program offers an accelerated BA + MA program, allowing students to be directly enrolled in the MAH program after completing their BA in Humanities degree. The dual degrees can be completed in as little as five years.
- Admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree in any field of study, a personal statement, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a GPA of at least 3.2. If the GPA is below 3.2, applicants are required to take the GRE.
Standout Features of Milligan University’s MAH Program:
Students looking to transfer to the MAH program can have a maximum of 9 credit hours credited towards the degree. The courses may be taken at the undergraduate or grad levels.
The Humanities discipline forms part and parcel of the university’s core values. Humanities courses are offered and required to be taken by all Milligan University students, regardless of the field of study.
The university places paramount importance on the value of Humanities as a degree, a concentration, or a course as it believes that a Humanities education will set its students up for a career and, overall, a life filled not only with learning but also with opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why pursue an online Master’s in Humanities? What are the career advantages?
Literary works of the olden times serve as a good foundation for analyzing the literature and various personalities and facets of humanity. It helps one to understand nuances in human attitudes and character. It helps one answer questions such as “What drives humans to act or think a certain way?” or “Are humans mentally driven or emotionally driven creatures?”
So, what’s the use of analyzing the behavior and motivations of the human race? Its application is endless. From a career in law, communication arts, journalism, governance, research, or even education, to a career in the business sector, whether in the technology sector or financial sector, or even manufacturing, there will always be a place and need for a professional with a degree in the Humanities.
A degree in the Humanities imparts critical thinking abilities to its graduates and effectively communicates – written and verbally – and collaborates across workstreams and industries. The ability to rationalize, explain or convey meaning through words or imagery is also something that a Humanities graduate is expected to have.
Experts understand this (except for Bill Gates in 2011), even George Lucas, the brains behind the Star Wars franchise, has a grasp on the importance of the Humanities not only in the empirical sector like technology and finance but also in our everyday lives:
“The sciences are the ‘how,’ and the humanities are the ‘why’—why are we here, why do we believe in the things we believe in. I don’t think you can have the ‘how’ without the ‘why.'”
So, whoever said that a degree in the Humanities is nothing but a fancy degree or a non-thinking degree, think again because its broadness can open more doors in various sectors and industries than other highly specialized degrees. In fact, today’s tech firms are spearheaded not by engineers or programmers but by those with a degree in Humanities or Liberal Arts.
What is the difference between Humanities disciplines and the Liberal Arts?
Humanities is a subset of the Liberal Arts. The Liberal Arts encompass the following subsets:
- Natural Sciences, examples of concentrations would be biology, geology, physics, chemistry, astronomy
- Social Sciences, examples of concentrations would be anthropology, archaeology, geography, sociology, economics, jurisprudence, criminology/criminal studies, psychology, political science
- Logic, examples of which include mathematics, statistics, and even computer science
- Humanities and the Arts, which include literature, languages or linguistics, multimedia arts, history, theology, music, performing arts
What are the job prospects for Humanities graduates?
According to the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, graduates of the Humanities can be employed as historians or human resource managers. Job portal Indeed also includes job prospects in the field of:
- Technical writing, which can generate an annual median of $61,000 and is in demand among IT companies
- Secondary education, which can generate an annual median of close to $50,000
- Editorial and copywriting work, which can generate a little over $55,000
- Human resource/sales/public relations manager, the salaries of which are close to $61,000
Of course, the job prospects aren’t limited to these. Those with Art concentrations can also work in museums as curators, in advertising, or in mass media. Those with concentrations in Literature, English, or Communications may work as corporate strategists, corporate communications heads, and journalists, with a significant number moving into higher administrative, business operations, or managerial positions.
- Whether you are pursuing a career in education, IT, or another business-related career, an online Master’s degree in Humanities will serve you well.
- Are you looking for career advancement? A Master of Humanities degree provides opportunities for management and leadership, as well as research and development.
- If you are looking for a convenient way to earn your degree, online distance learning programs are ideal.
- The Humanities degree is often included in a Liberal Arts program.